HandsomeButchIII Posted March 2 Posted March 2 2 hours ago, gmoney said: Cheers for that, Chuckles. In the cheer you up thread of all places. Let's turn it around G-Fresh after Father Stone piped up. Isn't it super duper to see two people no longer with us still making us smile for the musical footprint, which was massive, they've left with us. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted March 3 Paid Members Posted March 3 Pulled up behind a car at a red light this morning. The passenger door opened, a woman jumped out, ran to the back of the car, opened the boot, grabbed a pink rucksack, ran back to the passenger door and was still jumping in as the car started to pull away. The world's most dramatic stop for nothing. What was in that pink bag??? Quote
Paid Members ReturnOfTheMack Posted March 3 Paid Members Posted March 3 Been a great day. Ordered myself a sword. Then saw a Facebook post for a nearby dentist taking on NHS patients, and managed to get myself on their books. Handy for when I accidentally smash my teeth in with the sword. Win! Quote
deathrey Posted March 3 Posted March 3 1 hour ago, ReturnOfTheMack said: Been a great day. Ordered myself a sword. Then saw a Facebook post for a nearby dentist taking on NHS patients, and managed to get myself on their books. Handy for when I accidentally smash my teeth in with the sword. Win! Oooo a sword! For years I did Gatka which is a Sikh martial art - essentially a type of sword fighting - look at some videos on YouTube. I bloody loved, it made me feel so alive! I really want my own sword and keep mentioning it to my husband but he thinks it's probably not the safest thing to have with 2 under 5s in the house. I will get my sword one day, in the meantime I am envious and pleased post a pic when it arrives. Quote
Paid Members ReturnOfTheMack Posted March 3 Paid Members Posted March 3 11 minutes ago, deathrey said: Oooo a sword! For years I did Gatka which is a Sikh martial art - essentially a type of sword fighting - look at some videos on YouTube. I bloody loved, it made me feel so alive! I really want my own sword and keep mentioning it to my husband but he thinks it's probably not the safest thing to have with 2 under 5s in the house. I will get my sword one day, in the meantime I am envious and pleased post a pic when it arrives. I got my wife a replica of Sting from Lord of the Rings, and decided I wanted at least one more next to it. As I seem to struggle uploading photos on here, its this one https://ravenforge.com/products/basket-hilt-sword Quote
deathrey Posted March 3 Posted March 3 2 minutes ago, ReturnOfTheMack said: I got my wife a replica of Sting from Lord of the Rings, and decided I wanted at least one more next to it. As I seem to struggle uploading photos on here, its this one https://ravenforge.com/products/basket-hilt-sword That's a beautiful sword. Sikh swords are usually curved blades, I've never wielded a broadsword. Mine was very similar to this one below but it was borrowed. It's difficult to buy them online as you need make sure they are well balanced and you need to see them in person to judge that https://www.coldsteel-uk.com/product/cold-steel-talwar-improved-handle-cs-88eitb/ Quote
Paid Members ReturnOfTheMack Posted March 3 Paid Members Posted March 3 I admit a massive interest in pre WW1 weaponry, it was a large focus when I was doing history. A curved blade is a thing of beauty! Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted March 4 Paid Members Posted March 4 Wanky this one but daffodils! I love seeing them pop up everywhere. Loads of different varieties. The most random places. Some very deliberately and carefully planted to come up near road signs or hedges or in planters. Some that have just gone rogue and popped up in the middle of nowhere like a mole's periscope. We can never drive along without one of us telling the other "Seen those daffs". Loads of snowdrops and crocuses too. All add to the feel that, fuck me, the rainy winter might be over! Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted March 7 Paid Members Posted March 7 I'm seated for Hard Boiled! Never seen it on a big screen before, the film that changed my life. Just saw The Departed too, so not a bad evening. Quote
Merzbow Posted March 7 Posted March 7 (edited) I'm seeing it in a couple of weeks, the local doesn't have it until the 21st. Can't wait, hope we get The Killer too seeing as that's also getting the 4K treatment. EDIT: A thing that cheered me up. Edited March 7 by Merzbow Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted March 7 Posted March 7 On 11/4/2025 at 2:09 AM, Tim Healys Chutney Spoon said: Oh and also I'm signing up to do the 'Walkie Talkie' stair climb in March for Great Ormond Street. 896 steps... 3 weeks out and I've hit my fundraising target of £300 which I'm delighted with! Beginning to sink in now just what a task it is, but I WILL do it. Its heartbreaking seeing those sick kids but cheers me up no end seeing their smiles because of the great work the staff do for them Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted March 7 Paid Members Posted March 7 2 hours ago, Merzbow said: I'm seeing it in a couple of weeks, the local doesn't have it until the 21st. Can't wait, hope we get The Killer too seeing as that's also getting the 4K treatment. EDIT: A thing that cheered me up. I was hoping to catch that, too (and A Better Tomorrow) but they're not on at times I can see them. But Hard Boiled was the one I really wanted, it was a great experience. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted March 9 Members Posted March 9 On 3/9/2023 at 7:08 PM, SuperBacon said: It's my mate Daves birthday today. March 9th is also the day that the Notorious BIG died. For the past 20 odd years I message him every birthday with "RIP Biggie" and he STILL loves it and it makes us both laugh like silly little kids. Really cheers me up to know he appreciates it. Still makes me laugh. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted March 16 Members Posted March 16 Matt Berry saying words at the Oscars. Sigourney Whhhhhhhheaver. Quote
Paid Members DCW Posted March 16 Paid Members Posted March 16 I was coming home from work the other evening and the bus I got on was randomly filled with balloons upstairs. Nobody questioned why, nobody popped any and it was great craic seeing the reaction on the faces of passengers when they arrived upstairs. Made the commute a bit less dreary anyway! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.