Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
On 1/16/2026 at 5:29 PM, wordsfromlee said:

eggle.co.uk or @pjeggleguitars on Insta

Holy shit, wasn't expecting that. I remember first seeing Eggle stuff in Guitarist magazine when I was at uni.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted

Going through an absolutely shocking time at the moment, and this video always, ALWAYS cheers me up.

The first minute of it is just glorious. Almost makes me patriotic. 

Posted
On 11/4/2025 at 2:09 AM, Tim Healys Chutney Spoon said:

Well to bump this up, since the end of June I've lost around 2.5st and am now just above the maximum weight for doing a skydive. After seeing the play 'Living with Luke' about a dad having a son with autism I've decided I'm going to do one to raise money for PACT for Autism. Its given me an incentive and I've got the momentum to make sure I get under the weight limit and stay there! 

 

Oh and also I'm signing up to do the 'Walkie Talkie' stair climb in March for Great Ormond Street. 896 steps...

Quoting myself wanker obviously (although seemingly to some I'm just a wanker, but if the cap fits... )

But I've done it! I've signed up to the tower climb and if anyone would like the link to donate then please drop me a DM as I dont want to cause an issue posting it here in case its not allowed 😀

 

  • Paid Members
Posted

This may sound like the lamest thing ever, but every week I make a note of all the new film releases I want to check out, the runtime and the showings I can make, like so;

image.png.d3f601bb7ef311a0e2a64fc0f89333f0.png

Most of the time the showings are all over the place, so there will be hour long gaps where I have to go have a coffee and potter around for a bit (and this is dangerous because it means I inevitably end up spending £20 in the bookshop buying novels I'll never read), but every once in a while there's a clean run like this where Is This Thing On runs into Primate runs into Shelter, and when that happens it genuinely fills me with joy. Get in!

  • Paid Members
Posted
5 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

This may sound like the lamest thing ever, but every week I make a note of all the new film releases I want to check out, the runtime and the showings I can make, like so;

image.png.d3f601bb7ef311a0e2a64fc0f89333f0.png

Most of the time the showings are all over the place, so there will be hour long gaps where I have to go have a coffee and potter around for a bit (and this is dangerous because it means I inevitably end up spending £20 in the bookshop buying novels I'll never read), but every once in a while there's a clean run like this where Is This Thing On runs into Primate runs into Shelter, and when that happens it genuinely fills me with joy. Get in!

The downside is that you'll be seeing a Bradley Cooper film.

Tomorrow I'm doing a Primate / Becoming Victoria Wood double-bill. A perfect match!

  • Paid Members
Posted
On 2/2/2026 at 7:22 PM, Devon Malcolm said:

The downside is that you'll be seeing a Bradley Cooper film.

Turns out I didn't see any of them as I decided to do an extra day at work instead, but having read up on Is This Thing On it sounds like I may have had a lucky escape.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

At my ma’s for dinner. She’s cooking a Gousto meal with buffalo chicken. She started singing “Buffalo chi-cken” to the tune of Buffalo Soldier, and I had “Dreadlock rooster” ready to go before I even thought about it. Pun game strong today. 
 

Also I have the same scammers calling me every day on different numbers.  They claim to be a different mobile network every time, saying they need my email so they can send me details to order a new SIM card. Mine will be deactivated in two days if I do not respond. Today I said my email was ABC, 77, 77, 77… and he let me keep adding 7s for a full 90 seconds. Then my voice cracked when I asked him to read it back to me, and he went “7 7 7 fucking fucker” and hung up on me. First time I’ve made them hang up on me. 

Edited by JLM
  • Members
Posted
26 minutes ago, JLM said:

“7 7 7 fucking fucker”

Love it when this happens. I never answer but recently got a new sim and thought it might be someone I know so not too long ago I stringed one along for a good two minutes with injuries from my "car crash"

When I told him my dick had fallen off he hit me with a "OK fuck you fucking mother fuckeeeeer" and hung up. Made my year.

  • Paid Members
Posted
3 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

That news somehow passed me by.. 40% drop in the last 6 months, that is something!

Down another 10% today. Walking with a spring in my step. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Chilled Saturday afternoon, the kids upstairs playing and Mrs Wand just about to head out to meet her sister to do some shopping. I’m sat in the living room doing nothing. Bliss. All of a sudden the tranquility was disturbed by a commotion in the hallway. I could hear my wife raising her voice and then a man’s voice I didn’t recognise. I rushed into the hall to see my wife giving this middle aged bloke a right bollocking on the doorstep. Turned out it was some Reform twat. He was posting leaflets through doors on our road and had clearly timed it all wrong as he approached our letterbox, only to be met with the door opening before he got there and a 5’2” tornado with an Irish temper coming out to go shopping, who was in no fucking mood for his bullshit. I didn’t have to say a word, he couldn’t get out of the gate quick enough. Very proud of her. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...