Paid Members JLM Posted March 19 Paid Members Posted March 19 (edited) The Ohio courts finding in favour of Afroman today made me happy. Police raided his house a few years ago, smashing in his doors, deactivating some of his cameras. Also some large sums of money went missing during the raid, which he claims were stolen and the police say were misfiled/miscounted. It was all done on a faulty warrant on kidnapping and drug trafficking charges, for which there was zero evidence and none was found during the raid. He received no compensation and was dismissed when he asked if they would at least help repair his doors. He made music videos using the footage from his remaining security cameras, complaining about this treatment and dissing the cops involved. Seven officers tried to sue him for defamation and wanted millions in damages. Afroman continued to shithouse and post videos while this was still pending AND turned up to court in this suit AND he won and will not be paying them a penny. Lovely stuff. Edit: When asked why, when he went to pick up his “miscounted” cash, he decided to bring the media: https://www.instagram.com/reel/DWCrlabCkXt/?igsh=bWc0NGRrMjV1azVp Edited March 19 by JLM Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted March 19 Paid Members Posted March 19 I'd be afraid to listen to it again in my life, but his album The Good Times wasn't as bad as you'd imagine. Me and my mate were well into it, but we were weed smoking idiots. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted March 19 Moderators Posted March 19 Ah that's awesome news. Nice to have a good resolution to that story. I thoroughly enjoyed the songs he made using the footage but head forgotten all about this by now. Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted March 20 Posted March 20 Made the most of the lovely afternoons this week and been taking my daughter to the park after school with her friends. The sight of a bunch of kids running around laughing, having fun, no adult responsibilities and just being kids and full of the joys of spring really took my mind off everything going on both around the world and stuff in my own life. Without sounding weird, but if you want grounding and just a bit of time to yourself and smile, go watch kids playing. Trust me, kids laughing and having fun is the best thing. Quote
Paid Members JLM Posted March 20 Paid Members Posted March 20 I will try to refrain from posting Afroman updates every day, but his lawyer making the cops address each insult to check them for defamatory content is sensational: https://www.instagram.com/reel/DWBd6jgDrjJ/?igsh=am5tcmdwam05ZzBm Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted March 20 Moderators Posted March 20 I'm fine with making this the official afroman update thread. Mod approved! I got the kids a rock tumbler for Christmas and we've been enjoying finding nice rocks on walks and polishing them up. There's something very satisfying about gathering dirty normal rocks from the woods and shining them up over a slow period of about a month. Here's an illustrative before and after. Not all the same rocks but there should be some you can spot in both pics. Not sure the photo really does justice to how lovely and glossy they are now, though: Oh, and for anyone whom I was chatting about Shrinking to in the telly thread it's a pure coincidence that the show has rock tumbling involved as I bought the tumbler well before I started watching that.. it did make me happy to see it in there though! Quote
organizedkaos Posted March 26 Posted March 26 On 3/25/2026 at 12:00 AM, Devon Malcolm said: Speaking of which, something that cheered me up was the "new story" that playright Jeremy O Harris confronted Sam Altman at some Vanity Fair party and called him the "Goebbels of the Trump administration". Later he made an apology “It was late and I had a few too many martinis so I misspoke when I said Goebbels… I should’ve said Freidrich Flick" I love Jeremy O Harris Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted March 27 Paid Members Posted March 27 Sharing a pod on a campsite I'm working at this summer with 4 other guys. All sound guys. The one thinks we're all at work and its quite brilliant hearing a very laddy lad singing all the girl parts in unison to Playing With Fire by N Dubz right now. Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted March 28 Posted March 28 On 3/7/2026 at 9:16 PM, Tim Healys Chutney Spoon said: 3 weeks out and I've hit my fundraising target of £300 which I'm delighted with! Beginning to sink in now just what a task it is, but I WILL do it. Its heartbreaking seeing those sick kids but cheers me up no end seeing their smiles because of the great work the staff do for them £661 so far raised and I did it! 26:07 and not last, which surprised me! The fastest time was less than 5mins!. A group of London firefighters did it in full kit with breathing kit on too. Fair play to them. Point is, its not the time its the money raised and that I was very much out of my comfort zone and had to really push myself the last few flights. 896 steps? Hate blowing my own trumpet, its not my thing to do, but I'm rather proud of myself for doing it Quote
wordsfromlee Posted March 31 Posted March 31 12 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said: It’s a shame the guy turned out to be a nazi. Quote
Paid Members Chris B Posted April 1 Paid Members Posted April 1 20 hours ago, wordsfromlee said: It’s a shame the guy turned out to be a nazi. But now a dead one, which is the best kind. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted April 1 Paid Members Posted April 1 I've been rediscovering my love of Train Sim World. It's just great to switch off for an hour or two every night and forget about my troubles. Quote
Paid Members Gus Mears Posted April 3 Paid Members Posted April 3 Bloke sat in front of me on the train blasting shite music out of his phone. Immediately collared by the ticket Nazis who were doing spot checks, given a fine and thrown out at Basingstoke, a fate worse than death. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.