cobra_gordo Posted October 13, 2025 Posted October 13, 2025 Sorry about your dad Frankie, sounds like he was a good bloke. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted October 13, 2025 Paid Members Posted October 13, 2025 1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said: I think you're a bit big for them now, but fair play if they still cheer you up. Which one's your favourite? I always loved Night of the Living Dummy. Bit scary for me. I'm a Secret Seven man. Quote
Paid Members waters44 Posted October 13, 2025 Paid Members Posted October 13, 2025 (edited) The internet has gone down at my local radio station. The results are the most Alan Partridge show in history. Long silent pauses, the DJ questions "has this worked?" every minute. At one point he started singing "I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts" and then believe it or not someone nearby started drilling and it sounds like they are broadcasting from a building site. I heard all that and I was only in the car 10 minutes. I've just got home and listening live now Kennet Radio – The Local Sound of Newbury and Thatcham EDIT - I think they're just playing a tape now, no DJ for the last half hour or so no adverts though so can't complain EDITT - Yep I'm now back to the start of the tape. Calling All Heroes by It Bites, then a few seconds of Baggy Trousers, another spin of Calling All Heroes and then on to I'm Coming Out. That's me done for now, I will check tomorrow to see if the on demand is put up, it was amazing radio around 3pm Edited October 13, 2025 by waters44 Quote
lanky316 Posted October 13, 2025 Posted October 13, 2025 Our station had an automated cd that would kick in should we lose connection in any way. It didn't happen more than once during my time there... However the cd in question had not been updated since the station had a restricted radio contract a decade or two earlier, which meant when it did kick in you'd be treated to Gary Glitter from the off as well as adverts for various defunct businesses and some of those too were run by people serving time for similar offences. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted October 13, 2025 Members Posted October 13, 2025 4 minutes ago, lanky316 said: you'd be treated to Gary Glitter from the off as well as adverts for various defunct businesses and some of those too were run by people serving time for similar offences Nonce FM. Quote
Paid Members waters44 Posted October 14, 2025 Paid Members Posted October 14, 2025 Booooooooooo! I’ve just checked the on demand and they just play random music from about 2:57pm. I was in the car just as the 3 o clock news started until about 3:10. Then again at 3:30 to 3:40, and they were definitely still battling through at that point. So there’s at least 40 minutes of great radio missing somewhere. I’ve emailed to ask if the 40 minutes is saved anywhere or lost to the airwaves for good. I did however find where it started going wrong. I reckon whoever was drilling nearby knocked out the internet. ScreenRecording_10-14-2025 07-28-23_1.mov Here’s a bonus for you as well, when I was scrubbing through for clues I came across the top 10 from 1975 which they somehow managed to mess up ScreenRecording_10-14-2025 07-24-38_1.mov “Cliff Richard at 4 and errrr Cliff Richard at 3” Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted October 15, 2025 Members Posted October 15, 2025 There are heroes everywhere you look. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c0593gy62edo Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted October 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted October 15, 2025 That's a balanced meal in Barnsley. Quote
Paid Members johnnyboy Posted October 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted October 15, 2025 (edited) 28 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: There are heroes everywhere you look. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c0593gy62edo "He even went for a carvery on the third day, before finishing the bag for dessert." MBE on the horizon I reckon. The closing line of the artcile tickled me thoroughly. Spoiler Haribo declined to comment when approached by the BBC. Edited October 15, 2025 by johnnyboy Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted October 15, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted October 15, 2025 Hariboin Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted October 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted October 15, 2025 2 hours ago, SuperBacon said: There are heroes everywhere you look. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c0593gy62edo Oh fuck! I’ve done two days before, I didn’t realise how close to death I’d come. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted October 15, 2025 Posted October 15, 2025 (edited) My wife and I have been rewatching King of the Hill from the beginning since it came into Disney+ ahead of finally watching the new episodes (7 episodes to go). She bought me a new pin badge for my jacket with one of the shows best moments Edited October 15, 2025 by WyattSheepMask Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted October 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted October 15, 2025 3 hours ago, Carbomb said: Hariboin Even you can't be happy with this. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted October 15, 2025 Posted October 15, 2025 5 hours ago, Carbomb said: Hariboin 1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said: Even you can't be happy with this. Heribo was right there Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted October 15, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted October 15, 2025 3 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said: Even you can't be happy with this. I was scuppered by my fastidiousness - I wanted to have the "hero-" part in, but didn't want to waste the "o" Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.