Who Carked it in 2022?

Devon Malcolm

8 minutes ago, Factotum said:

The good thing with Cryer is he still kept up to date with comedy, he was never one of the 'in my day it was better' crowd. Also he liked to laugh at what other people said, again a rarity!

Always great for a story. Helluva life.

He never punched down. He is proof personified that good comedy and good comedy stylings are timeless. He didn’t need to change his stuff because he set out to be funny and get laughs through warmth. 

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, Factotum said:

The good thing with Cryer is he still kept up to date with comedy, he was never one of the 'in my day it was better' crowd. Also he liked to laugh at what other people said, again a rarity!

Always great for a story. Helluva life.

Comedian and writer (and Wrestle Me host and UKFF poster) Marc Haynes told a great story from when he was just starting out in comedy. He won a local new faces type stand up award and his local paper wanted to do a piece with him and Barry Cryer because they lived in the same area. The paper clearly wanted to do an "old comic doesn't think they tell them like they used to" type story, but Cryer really liked him and they got on great. He ended up being a bit of a mentor I believe and were friends from that point onwards. 

• Paid Members

True legend of British comedy, worked and wrote with the best and had amazing stories about them.  Never heard a bad thing said about him, which is rare after such a career.

• Awards Moderator
On 1/27/2022 at 6:08 PM, johnnyboy said:

Richard Herring's put up the video of the show he did with Barry late last year with an added tribute at the beginning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtUMFdS-0IA

Just watched this over breakfast. He does a cracking gag within 30 seconds of appearing. Sharp as a tack.