Who Carked it in 2022?

Devon Malcolm

Absolutely gutted and shocked. At 52 as well. Loved Warne. Fantastic Pantomime villain who was the best spinner out there. I used to try and imitate his technique at school.

Great memories of him joking with the fans at various Tests.

Does this mean Liz Hurley is available?  That’s fucking horrible. Bowling Warney was something my workmates would shout to each other at random moments in the despatch bays on the late shift. Incredible bowler. 

• Moderators

Loved watching Warne absolutely wreck the tory England cricket team, especially Mike Gatting. His bowling style was just insane with a wrist-action that in times like this Thunderplex wishes he could be into use.

• Paid Members

Can't believe it. Absolutely idolised him growing up, even as an England fan watching him absolutely destroy them match after match. Great commentator too. What awful news, even more so after Rod Marsh.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/60622426

Shocking news. One of the last great characters of the game and transcended the sport into the world of entertainment and made people interested in what can essentially be a boring sport at times.

Edited by Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete
Forgot to add notes

• Paid Members

Soon as I saw I thought of this song. Terrible loss, especially at that age. 

• Awards Moderator

Yeah, this is a proper shocker. I’m no fan of cricket nowadays and always thought it was boring as a kid, but I remember my old man imploring me to watch this Shane Warne bloke when he came on the scene.

He was everything I wished cricket was in order to make me a fan for a few years. And for those few years in the 90s when he tore the back out of everyone he faced, I’d watch with bemusement and sometimes laughter at how insanely good he was. Very sad.

• Awards Moderator
31 minutes ago, eugenespeed said:

Lynda Barron, who played Nurse Gladys Emanuel in Open All Hours, has passed away aged 82. 

If that isn't in the Thunderplex bank I'll be shocked.

"Pippin... it's time to fly!"

Edited by Onyx2