Who Carked it in 2022?

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

She was the equal of Jerry Stiller in that show, which is saying something. I always wish they'd done a spin off of Seinfeld with George and Jerry's parents living in the same retirement complex. 

• Paid Members

Seinfeld was, and is, untouchable in the talent they got to play secondary characters. Anyone else would have been lost next to Jerry Stiller after they dialled up his insanity but she more than matched him.

I managed to get the gf watching Seinfeld over lockdown and she loves it. We're up to season 9 and in a non ironic 'I was just watching her yesterday' moment, we were up to The Van episode where George thinks his parents are ghosting him and he catches them in the van. 

Images you can hear:

seinfeld-george.gif

Edited by chokeout

• Paid Members

Heck of an innings. There'll be a day of national mourning and no doubt an Owen Hart Raw inspired tribute episode of Eastenders. She was a cornerstone of British soaps. 

3 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Heck of an innings. There'll be a day of national mourning and no doubt an Owen Hart Raw inspired tribute episode of Eastenders. She was a cornerstone of British soaps. 

I remember the live episode and how nervous the actors were getting. She said how it’s the way it always used to be done so she wasn’t worried at all!  She did loads of stage work and said that was her love. Heck of a legacy to leave behind though, crafting an iconic, much loved character. Will break out my leather jacket and poison my mum and steal her pension in honour of her. 

I've always said that soap acting existed in it's own grouping, somewhere between panto and vaudeville, and it's why stage actors always seemed to take to it better.

June brown in the episode of EastEnders where she records the tape for Jim is the greatest example of soap acting ever, just her, a table and a skill few could match.

19 minutes ago, poetofthedeed said:

I've always said that soap acting existed in it's own grouping, somewhere between panto and vaudeville, and it's why stage actors always seemed to take to it better.

June brown in the episode of EastEnders where she records the tape for Jim is the greatest example of soap acting ever, just her, a table and a skill few could match.

That’s a really good description, I like that! Yeah that was a powerhouse performance, great shout. 

I’ve already been tagged in memorial posts due to my resemblance to Nick. 

59 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Give Ian and Millard the book and I'll watch it. 

• Paid Members

Jennifer Wilson who was in Coronation Street and Casualty, amongst other things, has passed away at the age of 89.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/04/04/coronation-street-and-casualty-star-jennifer-wilson-dies-16401757/amp/