Who Carked it in 2022?

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Superb old character actor. Tremors the obvious standout (Tremors 2 was good as well) but Southern Comfort, Miami Blues, Remo: Unarmed and Dangerous, Short Cuts, Escape from Alcatraz and more. He graced a load of good to great films.

• Paid Members

Goddammit. El Greco is one of the most beautiful albums I've ever heard. RIP Vangelis.

Think it was @Chris B who told me: one of the most intriguing bits of trivia I learned recently was that he was, in his early career, in a prog rock band with Demis Roussos called Aphrodite's Child.

• Paid Members

Vangelis. One of the most brilliant of modern composers. Chariots of Fire is such an outstanding piece of music. Also a fantastic guest on Shooting Stars. 

Personally, his work on Blade Runner is my favourite. That score is superb.

• Paid Members

Oh my God. Seek out Chariots of Fire, Blade Runner, his duets with Jon Anderson "The Friends of Mr. Cairo". His soundtrack to the film "Missing" is a tad underrated. Check out "Conquest of Paradise" too. What a man. Sadly missed.

Heres his Chariots of fire music video. Get a ciggie out whilst playing..

Added: he's in my avatar!

Edited by bAzTNM#1

Grandmaster Gareth from Misty's Big Adventure has taken his own life. I am gutted about this, I was a fan of the band when I was at university having discovered them thanks to my flatmate. I never got round to seeing them live but I loved their surrealism and absurdity they posted on social media. I will be listening to the back catalogue tomorrow at work.  

https://www.facebook.com/mistysbigadventure

2 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Edit: Beaten to it by Keith "Pat" Houchen. 

Yeah cheers mate, here I was trying to latch on to someone else’s misery and pass it off as my own and you think it’s funny to trigger those not over the 87 cup final? Thanks. 

Gutted by that one. There was a period of between 13 and 15 years old that I had a very rough time and I'd watch Goodfellas every single day after school, as it became my comfort film.

Amongst such heavyweights as Pesci and De Niro, Liotta more than holds his own, plays it very understated and delivers a brilliant performance. 

What a shame.