Who Carked it in 2022?

Devon Malcolm

Oh fucking hell. That is a gutting one. I know there are a few fellow Sopranos superfans on here like me, who absolutely loved the show and the characters/actors and I think along with Jimmy Gandolfini, he was the one that really made that role his own.

If you watched the reunion show a few years back, you can see he still had that Paulie glint in his eye. What a wonderful actor. This is gutting.

Hopefully he's up there right now finishing off that 'interior designer' prick.

• Paid Members

Thatā€™s a shame. He did look ill at the reunion show. He was also interviewed a couple of years ago with David Proval and didnā€™t look too with it, the poor bastard. Paulie had the funniest and most quotable lines in a show full of them. Will get wings in my hair as tribute.Ā 
Ā 

This is my favourite Paulie clip.Ā 

Edited by TheBurningRed

I love the subtle line in Christopherā€™s intervention regarding the dog. Brilliant delivery.Ā 
Ā 

John Gwynne who commentated on the darts and was a reporter on Soccer Saturday has died. Was a nice bloke by all accounts.Ā 

5 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I love the subtle line in Christopherā€™s intervention regarding the dog. Brilliant delivery.Ā 
Ā 

John Gwynne who commentated on the darts and was a reporter on Soccer Saturday has died. Was a nice bloke by all accounts.Ā 

"What, was it barking?"Ā 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Was just about to post about this. Alongside Sid Waddell and Dave Lanning, he made darts for me with his commentary. They were truely the voices of darts. John Gwynne was still doing the BDO stuff a couple of years ago and was a welcome voice to the ears considering the shite they have on comms these days.

Taylor vs Barney at the 2007 world championships always sticks out for me. The match, the atmosphere, but also the commentary with himself and Sid that really made it a classic.Ā 

• Paid Members

Tony Sirico, damn shame. Probably my favourite Sopranos character. Go to mob guy in so many films in the 90s and 2000s. I think it's Cop Land where he's a mob target that you only see a photo of, he doesn't even act in it.Ā 

Edited by gmoney

• Paid Members

Absolutely gutted Tony Sirico is gone. My favourite character from my favourite show of all time. Paulie Walnuts. And by all accounts he wasnā€™t even really a ā€˜characterā€™, that was really just him. He was the one on the show who actually had a legitimate past with links to the mob. A nasty bastard on the show but he made me laugh more than anyone else on there. Could reel off quotes all day from lines of his that had me howling. One of my favourite little quirks of his was his constant seeking approval from Tony where heā€™d tell a joke, then repeat it to Tony.

Paulie: Hey Sil, you remember your first blowjob?

Silvio: Yeah.

Paulie: How long did it take for the guy to cum?Ā 

*Turns to Tony*

Paulie: Hey T, ya hear that? I said ā€˜Do you remember your first blowjob?ā€™ He said ā€˜yeahā€™. I said, ā€˜how long did it take for the guy to cum?!ā€™ Hehehe.Ā 

Hopefully heā€™s mixing it with the relish somewhere with Tone now.Ā 

069F4BE2-3C19-4C1F-AB26-6D36FD57EC2A.jpeg

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, gmoney said:

"You ever feel like nothin' good was ever gonna happen to you?"

"Yeah. And nothing did"

Just perfect.

They cut the rest of that quote out as well.

ā€Yeah. And nothing did. I was born, grew up, spent a few years in the army, a few more in the can. And here I am, a half a wiseguy, so what?ā€

• Paid Members

Aw man, I am gutted about this. In a show full of amazing characters he really managed to stand out, just an unbelievable charisma. Iā€™m not too long back from a weekend stag where me and the two guys I was sharing a room with spent the entire time quoting him, just too many to rhyme off. That thing he does with his hand when heā€™s up in someoneā€™s face, his trip to Italy, the tracksuits, the superstitious stuff, everything, he was absolutely perfect on that show. RIP Tony Sirico.

One of my favourite Paulie moments was when Meadows boyfriend was telling the crew about Vito and the security guard. The look on his face when he hears it was Vito sucking off the other guy and not the other way round was hilarious, as if that makes it worse.Ā