Who Carked it in 2022?

Devon Malcolm

Always had a soft spot for Grim Reaper after first seeing them on an episode of Beavis & Butt-Head. They’re right out of that period of Metal that Chris Jericho loves so much, and if Fozzy were anything like Grim Reaper I might actually like them, but they’re not so I don’t. ‘See You In Hell’ and ‘Fear No Evil’ are great old school metal albums

Gifted Weezer the video to ‘Fear No Evil’ to use for their single ‘We Are All On Drugs’ for international markets and took no payment apparently.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Just Some Guy said:

Duggie Brown the 1970's comedian. Only 82.

TIL he was the brother of Ivy Tilsley actress Lynne Perrie.

Very sad this, one of the loveliest blokes I’ve ever met.

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Today gets shitter, made some crackers did Wolfie. 

First time I ever knew that name was seeing it in the credits of The Neverending Story, so immediately he's a great to me.

RIP.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably won't mean anything to anyone on here, but country music singer-songwriter Luke Bell has died, age 32. 

It's a particularly sad one, as he was tremendously talented but suffered from bi-polar disorder and would frequently disappear. He'd apparently recently changed medication, took off again and was found dead not long after.

He only released one, self-titled album, but it's great. I'd always hoped he'd make another record or two. 

RIP.

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

I’m a huge fan of your posts in the Song Of The Day thread, so I’ll give Luke Bell a listen. Thanks for the recommendation albeit in tragic circumstances. 

His is quite the story. He was homeless and just bumming around places like Nashville and Austin at various points and basically got a recording contract based on his talent and great live shows.

Then his issues took over and he disappeared right as he was getting great reviews, being booked as an opening act for people like Willie Nelson and winning awards.

Really is a shame how his story ended. By rights he should be up there alongside the likes of Sturgill Simpson, Ryan Bingham and the rest of the crop of contemporary, outlaw-style country singers. 

Definitely give his album a go. It captures a bygone sound and era in an effortless and very enjoyable way.