Who Carked it in 2022?

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

David Warner was a great actor and you only have to look down his filmography to see what a varied career he had. One of those who always stood out even if the film didn't. Echo the love for Time After Time, one of the greatest time travel films ever made, but In the Mouth of Madness, Cross of Iron and The Company of Wolves are all gems he elevated.

Paul Sorvino's career obviously peaked with Goodfellas but he also has a really fun role in The Stuff, playing an army colonel. Danny Aiello's also in it - and I only just discovered he died a couple of years ago too.

Paul Sorvino was another memorable guest turn in ST:TNG. I hope for Devon’s sake Daniel Davis is ok. And as someone on Twitter said, I also think of Paul Sorvino when I’m chopping garlic. 

4 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Paul Sorvino was another memorable guest turn in ST:TNG. I hope for Devon’s sake Daniel Davis is ok. And as someone on Twitter said, I also think of Paul Sorvino when I’m chopping garlic. 

Don't slice it too thin now...

• Paid Members

James Lovelock, creator of Gaia hypothesis, dies on 103rd birthday | James Lovelock | The Guardian

James Lovelock, who's been on the "periodically check Wikipedia in case I missed it" list for at least ten years now, on his 103rd birthday. Really fascinating guy, great science writer and communicator, a bit of a personal hero, always worth reading, right up until his last book, which came out when he was 100 years old. Incredible innings.

• Paid Members

93 is a heck of an innings, but he's been such a fixture in so many people's lives for so long. What a loss. 

• Paid Members

He occupies a special place in our family's cultural consciousness, because he's in my dad's single favourite comedy episode of all time, "The Hotel Inspectors" from Fawlty Towers. 

A cultural mainstay with a hell of a back catalogue, and a lot of respect. RIP.

3 hours ago, Carbomb said:

He occupies a special place in our family's cultural consciousness, because he's in my dad's single favourite comedy episode of all time, "The Hotel Inspectors" from Fawlty Towers. 

A cultural mainstay with a hell of a back catalogue, and a lot of respect. RIP.

Hopefully the BBC have reserved the BBC 2 channel for a televisual feast tonight in his honour

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Hopefully the BBC have reserved the BBC 2 channel for a televisual feast tonight in his honour

Unfortunately, it's been replaced by a documentary on Squawking Bird, the leader of the Blackfoot Indians in the late 1860s - apparently it starts at 8:45 and goes on for approximately three-quarters of an hour

• Paid Members

Nichelle Nichols who player Lt Uhura in original Star Trek has passed away. 

Met her a number of times. Couldn't asked for a sweeter and more generous lady. Always so welcoming and enthusiastic and made you feel like the first and only person that had been in her company. Even after so many years she was so damn proud of what she had done and her legacy.