Who Carked it in 2022?

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Mr Benn was very much a staple of my early childhood. I barely remember it, obviously, but I have a couple of nice memories sat watching it in my parents' bedroom (which had our only TV at the time), sat on their blanket box/my toy box at the foot of the bed. My parents told me in later years how much I seemed to love it.

RIP David McKee.

• Paid Members

Gilbert’s impressions of Seinfeld always made me laugh. He also voiced an iconic character even if he was overshadowed by Robin Williams. And in general he was a hilarious guy. Didn’t know he was sick, but this has bummed me out.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Hugh Thesz said:

Shit.

His Joan Rivers roast is a thing of fucking beauty.

All his roasts are pretty special. 

I thought he was older than that. That reading of 50 Shades was fantastic. Always put a smile on my face as well. Such a sad loss. He was one of the standouts of the movie The Aristocrats. 

11 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Gilbert’s impressions of Seinfeld always made me laugh. He also voiced an iconic character even if he was overshadowed by Robin Williams. And in general he was a hilarious guy. Didn’t know he was sick, but this has bummed me out.

I love his appearance in that documentary about that autistic lad who used Disney film to communicate (Life Animated?) His warmth really shone through and it made for a lovely moment. 

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I love his appearance in that documentary about that autistic lad who used Disney film to communicate (Life Animated?) His warmth really shone through and it made for a lovely moment. 

God I forgot about that. Life, Animated is a great documentary. We watched it just after our sons non verbal diagnosis and it gave us a bit of hope. And he was so wonderful in it.

I always loved how Iago sounded like Paul Heyman at full on good coke binge, which made me like Gilbert even more. Got fucked over on SNL, regained his career handsomely. Proper good. 

Edited by Chili