Who Carked it in 2022?

Devon Malcolm

23 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Sadly not surprising after the health issues he suffered as a result of COVID, but still a kick in the gut. A voice it's going to be weird not hearing pop up on other people's records any more.

I absolutely adore the first album he did with Isobel Campbell. I got to see them play live together at the City Varieties in Leeds and it was absolutely magical. The perfect combination of artists and venue. He looked cool as fuck too. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Panhead said:

I absolutely adore the first album he did with Isobel Campbell. I got to see them play live together at the City Varieties in Leeds and it was absolutely magical. The perfect combination of artists and venue. He looked cool as fuck too. 

Never saw them live, but agreed on the album, one of my absolute favourites. On paper you'd never imagine it working, in execution it was absolutely perfect, like an indie/grunge rock Lee and Nancy.

Derek The Draw, former minder of Ian Dury and singer with The Blockheads since Ian died also passed on a few days ago. I’ve seen The Blockheads loads over the years and Del was a wonderfully understated frontman who let the words and music do the talking. 

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, theironshake said:

Gary Brooker the lead singer of Procol Harum. Has died from cancer aged 76. Just a fantastic voice. His Vocal on 'A Whiter Shade Of Pale' is one of the great vocal performances of the 60s. 

As late as the mid-2000s, he wasn't too shabby either. Their rendition of A White Shade Of Pale in Denmark is up there as one of the most anthemic music performances ever.

20 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:
I still need to get round to watching the doc about his comeback tour from a few years ago

A must see doc for me. I didn't know much about him before watching it but he was absolutely fascinating and infuriating in equal measures. Quite the character.