AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Ah the Open Challenge, the get-out clause for a lack of forward planning

The TNT title has always been an open challenge title.

I mean personally I don't really think it's wise to put Wardlow against an incredibly popular established babyface so early in his title run but in terms of onscreen stories there's no gap in consistency here. 

Separately though I kinda like it when wrestling shows book themselves into a corner. It's intriguing to see how they attempt to get themselves out of it.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

Was thinking how weird it is that AEW, a company that regularly drags feuds on way past the point they should have ended until everyone is sick of them, went to the Ass Boys turning heel on The Acclaimed so quick. You could of had weeks of Billy Gunn gradually favouring The Acclaimed over his sons and building tension before doing the turn. All 5 guys together was so fun they definitely jumped the gun (lol pun) far too early. Weird and kind of frustrating. Think how long Scorpio Sky vs Sammy Guevara went on for in comparison. 

• Paid Members

At least the Ass Boys and the Acclaimed have a future wrestling against each other! Hookhausen is the worst example. The same company that had Matt Hardy and Orange Cassidy feuding for months decided that Hook and Danhausen should split up after one match. Criminal.

• Paid Members

I have been getting that feeling too, although Taz did accompany Starks & Hobbs to the ring on either Dark or Elevation just a couple of weeks ago (which is actually rare anyhow as he tended to go on commentary for their matches anyway).

• Awards Moderator
11 hours ago, Supremo said:

At least the Ass Boys and the Acclaimed have a future wrestling against each other! Hookhausen is the worst example. The same company that had Matt Hardy and Orange Cassidy feuding for months decided that Hook and Danhausen should split up after one match. Criminal.

The worst part of that is, they were still doing backstage skits together the week after the win, which heavily implied the team was going to continue.

I want my Hookhausen!

11 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Can we assume that Team Taz is done at this point? 

Taz seems to be on commentary permanently, HOOK is busy being HOOK and Hobbs & Starks are just bouncing around in the tag division.

A mate of mine asked him about this recently, and this was Taz’s response 

iXsrMBe.jpg

So apparently it’s our fault for not evolving as fans