AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

• Paid Members

Happy or not, Jane is here to stay. Not sure if it was just because the rights to the Pixies expired, or if Orange Cassidy asked for the change, or a bit of both, but it was leaked last weekend that a deal had been struck to use it going forward.

Actually, one annoying thing. The cage doors were locked. So why was it possible to escape the cage from various points? Just don't bother locking the doors if you can just go through one of the gaps.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

He should have landed on his back, like a real bloke would so we could criticise them all even more because they're not allowed to win against us. 

Two questions, some magic afoot, how did that rubbing alcohol somehow get out the cage where Tay Conti (playing Madusa) looked at utterly baffled and Angelo Parker is some shape shifter. I have no idea how he got outside or hanging like a tarot card. Looked brilliant mind you. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, mim731 said:

I see a bit of moaning online about Sammy's bump being onto crash mats, which feels idiotic to me. Would that bump be any better on to tables from a visual standpoint? Not at all and this is far safer. Also, credit to AEW for learning from Jericho's bump last year and shooting it in a smarter way that provided way more impact.

I do worry that this is now seen as a guaranteed spot in the matches, which might be problematic in the long term but overall that was a corker of match. 

The issue for me is that it's a very WWE/"pro-wrestling" stunt bump, that detracts from how so much of the rest of the match feels genuinely uncomfortably violent. No matter how safely you can pull it off, or how impressive you can make it look, it's always going to feel like a gimmick, and remind you that you're watching a TV show, while the likes of Moxley and Kingston just bloodying people up and gouging with broken glass and whatever else feels like something they'd be doing even if the cameras were switched off. 

4 minutes ago, Chili said:

Two questions, some magic afoot, how did that rubbing alcohol somehow get out the cage where Tay Conti (playing Madusa) looked at utterly baffled and Angelo Parker is some shape shifter. I have no idea how he got outside or hanging like a tarot card. Looked brilliant mind you. 

In the "post" there was a big enough gap to fit through. You see Parker dived through while getting attacked by Wheeler Yuta. Once on the outside it looks like he tried to climb up only for Wheeler to kick at him through the gaps. Which saw him go upside down.

Rubbing alcohol I think got knocked from Eddie's hand and dropped between the gap where the ring and mesh cage met. Trying to squeeze it through a bit of mesh wasn't the smartest way.

• Paid Members
Just now, BomberPat said:

The issue for me is that it's a very WWE/"pro-wrestling" stunt bump, that detracts from how so much of the rest of the match feels genuinely uncomfortably violent. No matter how safely you can pull it off, or how impressive you can make it look, it's always going to feel like a gimmick, and remind you that you're watching a TV show, while the likes of Moxley and Kingston just bloodying people up and gouging with broken glass and whatever else feels like something they'd be doing even if the cameras were switched off. 

Oh for sure, I'm not a huge fan of the big bumps off the cage, and I think they set an annoying precedent for a stunt being more valued over the violent programme-ending element of a blood feud. I'm just glad if they ARE going to do it, that it's not being done in a way that recklessly endangers talent for bumps that will largely get forgotten in a few months. 

Oh Christian... You know last week his 'yer dad died' thing made us all a bit, dunno mate. 

I take that back 'I wish your entire family was dead, except your mom' made me burst of laughing I wasn't expecting it. It's was such a stupid creepy OTT line that I ended up liking it. He looks a fantastic arsehead in that outfit too. 

• Paid Members

If I heard correctly, JR is being moved from Dynamite to Rampage. Excellent if true. JR can't hack a live 2 hour show anymore, a shorter shift on a 1 hour show where his worst tendencies can be edited out in post production is a brilliant move.

1 minute ago, LaGoosh said:

If I heard correctly, JR is being moved from Dynamite to Rampage. Excellent if true. JR can't hack a live 2 hour show anymore, a shorter shift on a 1 hour show where his worst tendencies can be edited out in post production is a brilliant move.

I heard it as him saying he'd be calling the Rampage Rumble, but I may have misheard - it wasn't completely clear. If that's what they're doing, I certainly wouldn't be against it. I don't like the idea of Tony Schiavone being replaced by him for big matches, though. 

I think JR still has some lingering issues following his cancer treatment. He has mentioned on his podcast how his foot hasn't fully healed. Going 2 hours or the full PPV length might be too much at the minute.

I took the Rampage annoucement as just calling the Royal Rampage. Not necessarily a full time move.

Yeah JR mentioned on the pod after some innocuous question about if he called Steve Austin to just chat after Austin walked out in 2002. JR then went on a slighly mad rant about 'how nobody ever calls and asks how he is' and then went into detail about how his foot cancer is gone but the wound isn;t healing, is the size of an orange and is still really sore. Felt kinda sorry for him, he seems fucking miserable and has had a rough few years losing the wife and all.

Still, he's clearly not up to live TV anymore and shifting him to the taped show would be ideal.

Best episode of Dynamite in a while, coincidentally right after all the New Japan guys have fucked off (with the exception of Goto and Yoshi Hashi on Rampage). Really all killer, no filler for the most part. Big, hot crowd helped a lot, too.

One thing I did notice is that with the way they were shooting the show due to the two rings, there were many times where you could see strikes and stuff not even nearly hitting. Not a big deal. I know wrestling isn't real. But still.

Also: is Royal Rampage a match with Royal Rumble rules?

Edited by 69MeDon

FWd-f3IXoAEGHrc?format=jpg&name=large

Speaking of the Royal Rampage. You can get a proper look at the graphic. I'd say it's a little more interesting than the last battle royale they did.

Kazarian, John Silver, Orange Cassidy, RUSH (AEW debut), Hangman Page, Konosuke Takeshita, Pentagon Jr, Powerhouse Hobbs, Ricky Starks, Keith Lee, Swerve Strickland, Darby Allin, The Blade, Dustin Rhodes, The Butcher, Max Caster, Tony Nese, Matt Hardy, Dante Martin, Brody King.