AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

20 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

Kazarian, John Silver, Orange Cassidy, RUSH (AEW debut), Hangman Page, Konosuke Takeshita, Pentagon Jr, Powerhouse Hobbs, Ricky Starks, Keith Lee, Swerve Strickland, Darby Allin, The Blade, Dustin Rhodes, The Butcher, Max Caster, Tony Nese, Matt Hardy, Dante Martin, Brody King.

I'd love to see Dustin Rhodes win this one. Obviously he's not going to beat Moxley, but the match and build-up would be a lot of fun. Given his win on Dynamite, and his performance at Forbidden Door, I wouldn't be shocked if Orange Cassidy was to win, and I'd be completely fine with that. The idea of Moxley vs. Cassidy facing off is so bizarre that I'd love to see it. 

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

That's another AEW Original let go.

He wasn't let go, he was offered a renewal and didn't take it. I can understand why: he's only 24, AEW have given him some name value, he's currently got no chance at rising above Dark/Elevation and now he can go build his career up elsewhere and possibly come back with more value.

I think it's fair to break away as a free agent. He can probably make the same kind of money on the indies and will be in control of his career.

I saw it mentioned he's done some NJPW Strong stuff already. An in with them could lead to some dates in Japan as a Jr Heavyweight. Maybe he's someone for Impact to consider for the X Division. Then there's other indies and MLW/NWA.

16 minutes ago, Louch said:

Santana apparently was leaving when contract ends, and had done his knee last night. Wonder if that will change his mind 

Really? Where did you see that? He's an Eddie Kingston in waiting, they'd be foolish to let him go without one hell of a fight. 

5 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Really? Where did you see that? He's an Eddie Kingston in waiting, they'd be foolish to let him go without one hell of a fight. 

Reading a summary of things on Reddit, apparently he’s doing a countdown ln his days left and that have both stopped sharing pics of each other, been posts about drama from both as well. 

First hour was the most fun I've had with Dynamite in some time. Simple, breezy fun with intriguing plot developments, character moments and not a hint of either Adam Cole or Reddragon's theme music sucking the air out of the room. Christian's been excellent and has effortlessly filled the big heel hole left behind by MJF and Tazz is a welcome addition to the commentary booth. 

Feel like a party pooper though because while the Blood and Guts match had some incredible moments, it just isn't for me. Partly because I'm an old head that was hoping to watch proper Wargames instead of another stunts and furniture match. But also because I'm finding AEW's excess to be really exhausting at this point. Maybe it's their ridiculous injury list that is playing on my mind, but I wish they'd just calm the fuck down a bit, you know? With Eddie it could always be selling, but he looked legit fucked after that suplex onto the exposed wood. A dangerous spot that was barely referenced or picked up on. And poor Santana just laying there for 45 mins as everyone gets their shit in. It just feels (to me) like there's a general lack of culpability in AEW and it takes me out of it. I'm getting old.

Cool finish though. Again, there was some incredible moments and performances in there. Just too many points where I was forced to think instead of feel. (Why did everyone freeze in time when Kingston and Jericho climbed the cage?)

I was hoping Eddie would move on to something else now. Heel Jericho was good for a couple of weeks but I'm sick of him all over again. Him turning a fireball angle into a comedy bit is the dumbest shit I've ever seen from a "smart wrestler". Go leech off of Danhausen, mate.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

13 hours ago, RedRooster said:

End of last year he started to talk about wanting to try a singles run. 2022 he woruld start to take more outside indie bookings as a singles act.

Now a couple of things got jumped on and conflated. His dad passed not that long ago and he started tweeting pretty regularly "Another day" with a prayer emoji.

Then around the time of Inner Circle breaking up he put up a post of however many days until September 1st when everyone expects his contract to be up. People saw the another day tweets as a countdown and not realising it was just something he does.

Don't think he's been doing a proper countdown. There's apparently been some vague tweets that people have been trying to find meaning in. Such as "Soon".

On screen part of the split from the Inner Circle was to focus on their own goals and here he is stuck in multi-man feuds with Inner Circle 2.0 Is he truly disgruntled or just playing into it the modern day audience ala MJF? Nobody can say for sure. Like most things in wrestling these days i'm sure there's some truth sprinkled in with the rumours. What wrestler doesn't want a bigger/better push.

Edited by Infinity Land

On 6/30/2022 at 10:29 PM, Mr Butternut Squash said:

everyone gets their shit in.

Exactly my feeling on Blood and Guts.  Really dangerous spots happening off camera, blade jobs for the sake of it, it felt like a late 90s ECW bloodfest.  But these are far, far better wrestlers than ECW had, the product doesn’t need to cover their weaknesses.

AEW really feels like it’s lost its identity this year, and quite quickly morphed into a bizarre version of NXT 1.0.  And the bad bits of that brand, not the good bits.

It’s great that AEW gives wrestlers freedom in their promos, in their booking, and in their wresting styles.  But not all wrestlers are good bookers.  The whole brand needs a better focus than it currently has.

58 minutes ago, Loki said:

Exactly my feeling on Blood and Guts.  Really dangerous spots happening off camera, blade jobs for the sake of it, it felt like a late 90s ECW bloodfest.  But these are far, far better wrestlers than ECW had, the product doesn’t need to cover their weaknesses.

AEW really feels like it’s lost its identity this year, and quite quickly morphed into a bizarre version of NXT 1.0.  And the bad bits of that brand, not the good bits.

It’s great that AEW gives wrestlers freedom in their promos, in their booking, and in their wresting styles.  But not all wrestlers are good bookers.  The whole brand needs a better focus than it currently has.

Completely agree. Absolute overkill for the entire match. Those kind of matches have never been my cup of tea but understand that a lot of people enjoy them. To me it was just a complete mess. The fact Jake Hager was in it didn't help either.