AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

14 hours ago, Supremo said:

Didn’t Tony Khan admit to Christian being one of his all time favourites when he brought him in? I think we can add Christian to the Cody Rhodes pile as another one that needs Tony to reign him in, not let him do whatever he wants and tell him when he’s displaying WWE brainworms.

If he ends up doing this every week I'd agree, but we've not crossed that bridge yet. At the moment, he's not doing anything that MJF hasn't done, so I don't think you can exonerate AEW up until now from this kind of promo. While I don't have a massive issue with his comment this week, I think it's weak to make something like that the crux of a story. If Jungle Boy/Christian ends up heavily revolving around the death of Luke Perry, they've absolutely blown its potential. 

5 minutes ago, Louch said:

Anyone else clock the live feed on Fite showing Darby and sting come out to show respect to Brody King after his match? 

Now aew have just posted it after I posted here. Hi Tony 

Thought it was a great episode to be honest. A lot of times when it's good, I don't really pick up on this low brow, cheap heat, WWE comparison stuff until I come on here and see it being talked about. It all still feels very AEW. And with Forbidden Door and the Owen cup gone, a bit of a reshuffle after losing their two biggest signings and Fyter fest looking good, it definitely feels to me like they're back on the same quirky kind of stride they were on prior to last fall. 

Putting JR on hour two only had made his lethargic effect on the commentary even more apparent, though. The rest of them are having a great laugh before he comes on, then they all have to slow down and shut up for ages to allow The Greatest Commentator Ever enough time to construct points that have mould forming on them by the time he finishes them off. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Putting JR on hour two only had made his lethargic effect on the commentary even more apparent, though. The rest of them are having a great laugh before he comes on, then they all have to slow down and shut up for ages to allow The Greatest Commentator Ever enough time to construct points that have mould forming on them by the time he finishes them off. 

Worst moment being when JR wouldn't stop talking during the entrances and everyone else wasn't saying anything because they didn't want to talk over the ring announcer so JR would ask a question and no one would answer for 30 seconds. He genuinely fucks up every other sentence now. Screaming "Sammy likes it!" after Eddie threw him off the cage would have got him immediately kicked off the desk in WWE and rightly so. 

23 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

No doubt they’ll show this in some way next episode, but they’ve tried something different at least by having Brody King attack Darby at an autograph session he was taking part in over the weekend.

I love little things like that if they are not overdone.

21 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Worst moment being when JR wouldn't stop talking during the entrances and everyone else wasn't saying anything because they didn't want to talk over the ring announcer so JR would ask a question and no one would answer for 30 seconds. He genuinely fucks up every other sentence now. Screaming "Sammy likes it!" after Eddie threw him off the cage would have got him immediately kicked off the desk in WWE and rightly so. 

There are times when I could almost hear Tazz or Tony S thinking "jesus fucking christ, JR, shut the fuck up!" over the last couple years.

• Paid Members

Now we’re talking!

ED351FC6-BDA5-4263-96F6-C913463AC4CC.thumb.jpeg.02ba1fa0d9625587c48577c8120dffc9.jpeg

First time in a while they’ve thrown out a random match graphic and I’ve felt that rush of excitement. I don’t see how this can’t rule. Get that lad a Blackpool Combat Club T-shirt at the ready!

Edited by Supremo