AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

1 minute ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Does Mox have it in his contract that he has to bleed in every match he’s involved in? 

I mean you'd actually have the scoop so you find out. I doubt it though, it's a weird clause to have. 

4 minutes ago, Chili said:

The fantasy booking conclusion we've made up about Christian bringing in David Benoit and JR's dead wife being mocked is why we we'll never win. 

It's not really "fantasy booking" when none of us want to see it. At the moment, they seem set on a tedious, cheap and counterproductive path that they don't really need to tread down. I hope I'm wrong, though. We should be thinking about Jungle Boy in his absence, wondering how he's feeling about being turned on by his mentor, rather than looking at the roster and wondering who has a dead person in their life that Christian can mock. They're arsing this up right now. 

For someone who talks a lot about changing things up, Mox sure loves repetition. Really can’t think of anything he can do that’s gonna excite me. Was listening to the first Foley pod last night and he talked about it you go at 10/10 every week, where’s the room to reach 11 when you need to. If mox is bleeding and there’s weapons and brawling for basic matches, what’s he gonna do different about something we are meant to care about? 

• Paid Members

It seems Keith Lee has had some family trouble recently, so I cynically assume the Title switch in the main event was a way of doing something nice for him. Good. That's the company I fell in love with, where nice things happen and real-life tragedy is met with decent, mature, classy responses. Where Moxley is lauded as a hero for getting help. Where the whole fucking company is paused so they can do a two hour feelgood house show for Brodie Lee Junior. More of this!

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

One thing AEW does fantastically, is make me care about wrestlers I haven't given a shit about in the past. I hated FTR in WWE, they're my favourite thing in wrestling at the moment. Never been a fan of Punk, but I get it now, Hager is another, I wouldn't say I'm a massive fan, but, I don't see him as Jack Swagger and he plays the quiet muscle role very well. 

Moxley is probably the main one, hated Dean Ambrose, hated his stupid swagger and pretending to constantly chew invisible gum, yet now, I don't think he could do wrong in my eyes. Moxley does go full force in every match, but surely the storyline for that, is for his opponent to mirror, if not, go bigger than Mox to get the win. 

Sure, there have been a few misses with the debuts and people not really doing anything of note, but when they get it right, they REALLY get it right. 

First time I've felt proper funny-isn't-money about the Orange Cassidy shtick. Those first few minutes were WrestleCrap out the door. Fine against the Dark Order or something but not in a TV title match with the big man. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

10 minutes ago, Supremo said:

It seems Keith Lee has had some family trouble recently, so I cynically assume the Title switch in the main event was a way of doing something nice for him.

This is really nice, and probably the best promo he's ever cut: 

• Paid Members

I was expecting a title change in this match as it plays into the Bucks storyline about having no friends left and being down and out, with Page ultimately getting them through the funk. There's then a good story when Cole returns and another when Kenny does. 

I for one found the first bits of the opener hilarious, and laughed most for the Best Friends not really understanding how to cheat, but I was glad the whole match wasn't about it and we got a good opener for the rest. Wardlow feels like he's getting back on track now, which is great. Having him repeatedly wrestle small, great workers is exactly what he should be doing.

31 minutes ago, Duke said:

I for one found the first bits of the opener hilarious, and laughed most for the Best Friends not really understanding how to cheat, but I was glad the whole match wasn't about it and we got a good opener for the rest. Wardlow feels like he's getting back on track now, which is great. Having him repeatedly wrestle small, great workers is exactly what he should be doing.

I also enjoyed the match, on the whole. It was a bit different from what you'd expect from Wardlow's first title defence, and I quite liked the shake-up in formula. 

OC v. Wardlow was what I was expecting. Something that would have the crowd completely engaged and Cornette's head explode. Showed they learned from the most recent damp squib against JD Drake. The run of monster opponents in the build to Double or Nothing mainly worked because of MJF/Spears in the background.

Enjoyed pretty much all the matches. Title change was a surprise. Christian & Jericho's promos felt reptitive fast forward material. Trying to decide if the sandbag joke was worse than the cake segment.