AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

• Paid Members

Yeah it's like how Serpentico is managed by The Mouth of the South Jimmy Hart, but it's one of those doesn't-have-to-be-by-his-side-at-all-times-or-even-at-all sort of managers. The non existent kind. 

I'm managed by Stephen Fry myself. 

Edited by JLM

I think I actually see it the same as Taz. He's a manager but he's not there all the time as he's not running in constantly, which we get trained to think about. Hook has his own thing, Hobbs/Stark have theirs. Like Jimmy Hart managing guys but not having a stable, Team Taz is more a stable now than a group. Like how Best Friends have fluctuated. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Chili said:

I think I actually see it the same as Taz. He's a manager but he's not there all the time as he's not running in constantly, which we get trained to think about. Hook has his own thing, Hobbs/Stark have theirs. Like Jimmy Hart managing guys but not having a stable, Team Taz is more a stable now than a group. Like how Best Friends have fluctuated. 

He's also a commentator more often now as well, why is he gong to leave the desk when he can just big them up doing that?

• Paid Members

Never let it be forgotten that Marko Stunt brought more to this company than the whole of Undisputed Era combined.

I can only imagine the difference in how much they’re paid.
Edited by Supremo

5 hours ago, Supremo said:

Never let it be forgotten that Marko Stunt brought more to this company than the whole of Undisputed Era combined.

I can only imagine the difference in how much they’re paid.

The 'Lord have Mercy' is absolutely perfect as well. 

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Genuinely starting to wonder if the final stop on Christian Cage’s Dead Dad Express is them bringing in David Benoit.

I really hope not. The guy's just a serial fantasist - every time he pops up doing an interview, he talks about his plans to go and train with NJPW, or how WWE have told him he can work there, or what he's going to wear and what he's going to call himself when he's a big star wrestler, and he's never lasted more than a couple of days at wrestling school. He's not a wrestler, and other people need to stop fueling his fantasies that he is just to get clicks off his surname in the headlines.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Swagger Vs Cesaro in 2022? Fuck sake.

I know. Who'd have thought that would be a banger? Claudio has been great since his debut and shocked at how good the match was. Odd pacing at times aside, I thought it was a great Dynamite. I still am not keen on the second hour bringing out JR, just adds nothing when the Tony/Taz/Man in Mask team work so well.

I thought the main event was really enjoyable. I like the team of Swerve and Lee, but a part of me wishes Starks and Hobbs got the win as they are long overdue a push.

@BomberPat I think (hope) it was just because of Brian Pillman's association with Griff that led to that, but it is getting a bit boring.

17 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Genuinely starting to wonder if the final stop on Christian Cage’s Dead Dad Express is them bringing in David Benoit.

Yeah, this is starting to get old. It didn't seem to get much of a crowd reaction this week either, which, given how much heat he had on week one of this feud, is pretty damning. The story between the two should speak for itself, and absolutely does not need this extra shit. I'm starting to expect they'll have him insult a different dead person each week, culminating in Jungle Boy returning to defend someone who is unable to fight back; Jim Ross, after his wife is brought into the discussion, or something like that. 

And that would be utterly shit. 

22 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I thought that was a fun match. I've generally enjoyed Hager in AEW, to the point the thought of him in a WWE ring feels very alien. 

7 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I thought the main event was really enjoyable. I like the team of Swerve and Lee, but a part of me wishes Starks and Hobbs got the win as they are long overdue a push.

It was an enjoyable match, with yet another inexplicable AEW title change. All signs seemed to point to The Bucks vs FTR at All Out, which would have been brilliant. Who in their right mind is going to feel invested in a tag title match involving the temporary team of Swerve Scott and Keith Lee? FTR are one of the most over acts in AEW right now, with a shit-load of momentum. Why on earth would you ignore - and potentially squander - that? It's an absolutely baffling decision, and I suspect it's one that will end up being looked at similarly to the recent debacle with the TNT title. 

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Did you watch it? It was pretty good. 

The TNT title match was bloody good fun. Booked perfectly, OC was on offense for most of it and his offense was delightfully cheeky before Wardlow shut it down quickly for the win. Both men came out looking strong.

I absolutely loved the main event, an absolute blast and the type of match the Bucks have mastered on a level no one else has. Can't say I love the winners, I'm desperate for some Team Taz gold!

Rest of the show was fine although there's a really noticeable lack of proper stories outside of Kingston/Jericho. Worst thing was Hangman's outfit, he looked like a fucking idiot.