AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

At times it felt like an old iwa-ms / czw cage death match pish, all that was missing was a pane of glass in the corner and a cunts tail being set on fire..

they need to put the commercials at a better time with some spots missed and if you watched the other uncut feed, you see them stalling about for a about 3 minutes after a finisher was hit inside the ring, stalling about again then stalling about again.

Just wow! What a way to come back after a lackluster month of TV. 

Blood and Guts was immense, although I've always been a fan of the concept and even like the one that Typhoon was the last man in and won it for his team. As previous poster said, it won't be for everyone, made me uncomfortable on several occasions but to me that's pure wrestling at its best, I was fully in to the drama and danger.

Loved the rest of the show too....FTR continuing to prove that they are the greatest thing in wrestling, Christian and Luchasaurus stuff was great too. Think I'm a little too old to 'get' Orange Cassidy but enjoyed the match, although Ethan Page is deffo one of my boys so that helped.

Only negative I can think of was taking Tony off of commentary for the main event...but Regal more than made up for it with random ferret analogies and getting so into the women fighting that he said 'thats it...kick her head in' 

Crowd was awesome too....Detroit used to be known for soul...but now it's known for blood and guts! 

• Paid Members

I see a bit of moaning online about Sammy's bump being onto crash mats, which feels idiotic to me. Would that bump be any better on to tables from a visual standpoint? Not at all and this is far safer. Also, credit to AEW for learning from Jericho's bump last year and shooting it in a smarter way that provided way more impact.

I do worry that this is now seen as a guaranteed spot in the matches, which might be problematic in the long term but overall that was a corker of match. 

• Paid Members

I thought the Superman Swing on top of the cage was even more thrilling and impactful then Sammy’s bump, just because of the danger level. While I enjoyed the match when the bell rings, I feel, like war games, the stuff before is just filler and I just want the match to start. Still, enjoyable overall.

See a split on OC’s new music. Whilst I loved Where is my Mind, I know Jane was his Indy music so I get the change. Good match with Ego Page, not sure where he goes next though.

Enjoyed Christian’s promo and the new Luchasauraus. Interested to see how it plays out.

Didnt know I needed FTR and Danhausen but that was a fun match. I was wishing Danhausen cursed Bowens though so his leg injury returned, that would have be funny, but love all those guys. Hope The Acclaimed get a big push.

Again, much like Road Rager, this was always going to be a fantastic episode because it was stacked and special. So yeah, damn right I enjoyed it.

I just really want them to keep up the momentum in between those sorts of episodes. I want a weekly show where they don't have to go OTT but it's just a solid enjoyable wrestling show, which they're damn capable of.

So hoping this can be the start of a good run again for them. Fingers crossed.

36 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I thought the Superman Swing on top of the cage was even more thrilling and impactful then Sammy’s bump, just because of the danger level. While I enjoyed the match when the bell rings, I feel, like war games, the stuff before is just filler and I just want the match to start. Still, enjoyable overall.

Same! I found this genuinely stressful to watch! I totally agree with what you say about the stuff before the bell rings too. I'm not crazy about War Games-style matches for that reason. Like you, I enjoyed it on the whole, but I don't like the period before the bell rings, given that there can't be any sort of conclusion in that time. 

See a split on OC’s new music. Whilst I loved Where is my Mind, I know Jane was his Indy music so I get the change. Good match with Ego Page, not sure where he goes next though.

I was really disappointed to see them ditch Where is my Mind? - I hope this was a one off. It's disappointing to see Ethan Page being used in this way though, he has to be one of the most under-utilised wrestlers they have. His promo ability is off-the-charts good. 

Enjoyed Christian’s promo and the new Luchasauraus. Interested to see how it plays out.

I was expecting Luchasaurus to unmask after last week, and it's interesting that he did not. It makes me wonder if this is a short term switch as opposed to being something long term. Christian's heel look, while simple, is absolutely brilliant. He's been excellent in this heel role so far, which makes the Jungle Boy match really interesting. I genuinely have no idea who will go over. There's a lot of potential post-Jungle Boy for his heel character. 

6 hours ago, NavigatorFan said:

Only negative I can think of was taking Tony off of commentary for the main event...but Regal more than made up for it with random ferret analogies and getting so into the women fighting that he said 'thats it...kick her head in' 

I wonder if they're gradually phasing out JR? I've not had a problem with him as much as some others, but I thought he was noticeably worse than usual during the main event. Perhaps it was the contrast between the team that started the show, to the team that ended it. Taz, Tony and Excalibur felt fresh, fun and enthusiastic. Although I see the logic in wheeling Jim Ross out for big matches, I'm not sure it made the match better in any way. 

Didnt know I needed FTR and Danhausen but that was a fun match. I was wishing Danhausen cursed Bowens though so his leg injury returned, that would have be funny, but love all those guys. Hope The Acclaimed get a big push.

I don't agree with your cursing Bowens comment, but I'm happy to admit I was wrong about Danhausen. I hated him when he debuted, I didn't get it at all. But he's a lot of fun. I too hope this is the catalyst that leads to The Acclaimed getting a big push. It's insane that they're still lower midcard wrestlers, given how fantastic their act is. 

Edited by RedRooster

25 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I thought the Superman Swing on top of the cage was even more thrilling and impactful then Sammy’s bump, just because of the danger level. While

One of the craziest things I've ever seen... especially after commentary were talking about Jericho having thumbtacks in his boots making it like a skating rink up there!

13 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Not if they’re wielded by Eddie Kingston though! The man can make anything work!

I fucking love him. It's between Kingston, MJF and FTR for my favourite act in wrestling this year. Kingston, though, might be the most believable wrestler that I've ever watched. I'm not sure that there's anyone else on the AEW roster who could have gotten away with marching down to the ring carrying a can of petrol, without it feeling over-the-top. He's a strange combination of relatable, but also genuinely dangerous. 

• Awards Moderator
38 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

Santana going down and then tucked away at the side of the cage doesn't bode well.

Yes, that was really worrying. Not sure what happened but must be gutting for him in what could have been another star-making performance.

That aside, I thought Blood & Guts was thrilling and felt like a huge deal. I got goosebumps during the entrances! Intrigued by the ending too - Eddie clearly had it won, but the new guy came in and stole his thunder. Immediately sets up Kingston's next feud, which was nicely done.

What's up with Danhausen not picking HOOK as one of his partners? Is Hookhausen finished already? I'd ask "what must HOOK be thinking?!" but he clearly wouldn't be bothered. Have to wonder if Danhausen will try to make it up to him.

Great show this week. That's more like it, AEW!

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Not sure what happened

Looked like his knee gave out when he lifted up Daniel Garcia. Gutted for him, Santana is one of my favourites. 

Blood and Guts was ugly as hell but very, very enjoyable with a brilliant ending. Kingston had Jericho in the hold he had previously beat him with and Claudio stole his revenge from him. Brilliant character stuff here.

My highlight of the match was Angelo Parker trying to run away from the Blackpool Combat Club.

Not a fan at all of OC's new song change. Where is My Mind was perfect. 

The Giant swing on the top made me anxious, especially the high angle show. 

'Jane' for Orange Cassidy is brilliant, and not a one off. Both songs work. The Pixies has that cool, mellow thing, whereas now he's like retro cool, with a bit more of the Fonz/Wet Hot American Summer thrown in. The turn and thumbs up to the key change is great. Doesn't harm the act a little bit. Plus anyone not happy will be absolutely fine in like two weeks. 

Edited by Chili