AEW Rampage Thread 2022

dopper

Chris Jericho is dreadful and has no idea what he’s doing.

Ignoring the fact that Santana/Ortiz seemed to bring a hammer to the party, why is Jericho marching to Tony Khan’s office and demanding matches? Isn’t he the bad guy?

Actually, didn’t he just set someone on fire? Whys Tony Khan doing anything for him? Whys he on commentary?

Just shit.

For me, The Gunn Brothers have significantly more upside than Keith Lee so it was a shame to see them used like that. Keith Lee should just be throwing little people about.

In general, AEW have signed so many people that came in with a huge bang and then just fizzled out. WWE used to get so much shit for signing everyone to keep them out of other companies hands, but AEW aren’t much better. Tony collects wrestlers like football stickers.

Danhausen isn’t for me. I’m not saying I need it explained. I’d rather not, to be honest. Just not for me. His voice alone makes me want to go for a swim in trunks made of concrete.

Poor Hook, he’s in there with absolute shitehawks at the minute. Doing everything they can to cool that guy off. The crowd don’t seem that arsed anymore, either.

The Acclaimed are so good. Even that little segment with Lexy ‘No’ Tomko was great.

I really hope that if CM Punk wins the world  title, he runs a little nostalgia gauntlet across a period of a few weeks - defending the title against Joe, Danielson etc.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

I was pretty excited for JAS at first but it just isn't clicking for me and as much as I like Kingston, I think he might be the wrong person for this feud.

The "we are sports entertainmers" gimmick feels like a classic example of something that looks great on paper but falls short when executed.

Also doesn't help imo that Jericho is still using Judas.

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

My main take since ROH started to feature on AEW is that the ring announcer is 100 times better than Justin Roberts.

Dogs barking are 100 times better than Justin Roberts.

• Paid Members

Rampage is my favourite wrestling show. Such an easy and fun watch. 

Having a vibrant, energetic commentary team improves the show so much. Especially when you have JR slowly dying on air every Wednesday night. Jericho's commentary has definitely calmed down and I think he's good value now. Enjoy his banter with Starks (who is so good) and threatening to shoot a fireball in Excalibur's face and shouting "I'm a wizard!".

All the matches this week were really good. Jade and her baddies is a top level act, pure star power. Starks dancing on the ramp like a wonderful goon. I'm not really a Danhausen fan but this Hook story is a fun little angle and allowing him to do a bit more than squash matches. Joe/Trent was great and Joe looked like a fucking killer.

Watching Rampage in bed with a cuppa on a Saturday morning is a highlight of my week.

3 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Enjoy his banter with Starks (who is so good) and threatening to shoot a fireball in Excalibur's face and shouting "I'm a wizard!".

For me, having Starks on commentary has defined him down a little as a wrestler. I’d prefer that they sub him out for someone like Colt Cabana, or even have a rotating chair of people, which could be fun - one week you have Samoa Joe, another you have Punk, another you have a guest appearance from Caprice Coleman; so on and so forth.

Starks is one of the most underpushed wrestlers that they have, and I don’t like the fact that he almost feels established as a commentator, when he has so much more to give as an active competitor.

Why is Samoa Joe holding the secondary title of the practically defunct ROH, and defending it on the secondary AEW program?  It seems like a position some way further down the roster from what someone of his pedigree and caliber is capable of.

Mind you, perhaps they wanted to check he was fit and ready for tv before putting him on the main show?  Good news, he is, although putting him on straight after Keith Lee wheezing his way about the ring wasn't really fair on poor Keef.

I think this speaks to the roster just being too big, and not too many up and comers or midcarders, but actually too many wrestlers who could be considered main eventers.

You've got CM Punk, Moxley, Samoa Joe, Danielson all in the same company, all healthy (for now), not to mention Jeff Hardy, Miro, Kingston, Jericho.  I understand the desire to do long term booking, but also there's an argument to strike whilst the iron is hot.  

Move the Undisputed Elite bunch to Rampage and start getting your big stars front and centre on Dynamite, in feuds with each other.