AEW Rampage Thread 2022

dopper

As last year’s topic was closed a few hours after this morning’s episode aired, I’ll complain about it here:

That streetfight was the worst example of backyard wrestling I’ve ever seen on a proper wrestling TV show.

Conti was hit with ONE kick before laying motionless on a table long enough for Ford to climb up to the top rope for a moonsault. 

When Conti crawled under the ring for, presumably, the same person down there who had bladed Bunny to blade her - they did it on the other side of her head from where Bunny smashed the bottle.

Many of the moves looked like the person doing them took the brunt of the impact.

If they can capitalise on the momentum the crowd reaction suggests they now have, and if the crowds react to these ladies future matches, it will have been worth it. 

We will see.

Edited by dopper

• Paid Members
49 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

That could have gone really badly. 

The tables in AEW seem to be as bad as some of the wrestlers though. Didn't Baker have three or four attempts at putting Abadon through one without any joy?

Still, that could have ended really badly indeed. And as someone mentioned in another thread, the MJF bump last week was a shocker as well and they've had plenty of close calls and that needs to be addressed before someone is seriously injured. 

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Suplex Sinner said:

The tables in AEW seem to be as bad as some of the wrestlers though. Didn't Baker have three or four attempts at putting Abadon through one without any joy?

Still, that could have ended really badly indeed. And as someone mentioned in another thread, the MJF bump last week was a shocker as well and they've had plenty of close calls and that needs to be addressed before someone is seriously injured. 

There was that terrible time Cody & Andrade had trying to get the table into the ring for their street fight as well. They don't have the best of luck with tables. 

20 minutes ago, Suplex Sinner said:

The Baker v. Abadon match was something I thought of at the time. It made me wondered if the lighter weight from the women have kept the tables from breaking. As I can't recall it happening in the same in a men's match.

That moonsault wasn't a table issue. It was a Penelope Ford being inaccurate issue. She manages to land both short and over the leg of the table/right on Conti's face, where the table is going to be stronger.

Almost as bad is that she basically Pie Faces herself on the apron.

Hopefully those 4 are done with each other, because that feud has stunk.

I love it when tables don't break. The spots are dangerous, and that's constantly undercut by how contrived their setups usually are. It looks like it hurts more when the table doesn't break, because it does. That Baker vs Abadon match was a great example, because you could feel the crowd realise how much higher the stakes suddenly were for both competitors when the table REFUSED to go down. Healthy respect for weapon spots and the effects on the opponents is sorely lacking. Spears managed to get months of work out of one chair shot. Now he's chucking three out in afterthought post match angles against scrubs, while every other week a show seems to end on a no holds barred brawl. Two solid teams shouldn't be having a blood bath to end a month's long feud for me to go "eh, another one?"