AEW Rampage Thread 2022

dopper

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

That match just happened on New Years Smash.

I thought it was. Jericho turned up at the end and Eddie got in his face about him coming and making the save? 

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

I think that explains how memorable Wednesday was in terms of a show I watched. 

Too many more non-event signings and they'll be Impact Wrestling. Wednesday's show was so boring compared to what we're used and it had to level out eventually but I have major concerns about the fact he said in a recent interview that he's had to revise his "4 pillars" and his title plans based on Danielson (agree), Punk (Meh) and Cole (no chance). It's going to happen eventually but I don't like the idea of ex WWE wrestlers fighting over the AEW title just yet. 

But Tony seems to have outed himself as a bit of a numpty so I'm not holding much hope for the medium term now. 

• Paid Members

GCW have announced Moxley for later this month, suggesting he must be healthy and on his way back. Fuck yeah.

Imagine the pop he’s going to get if he turns up on Wednesday. Holy shit. I was assuming Danielson and Hangman would open the show again but couldn’t think of anything big enough to close it. This would be perfect.

I’ll forgive the last few months of Codyverse nonsense if Mox interrupts a Cody promo and beats the shit out of him.

Edited by Supremo

I thought that Street Fight was everything. Mad spots, people nearly necking themselves. I thought all four of them put a shift in and bumped really hard. Tay Conti's strikes are outstanding. The barbed wire finish was really cool visually and The Bunny looked absolutely out her tree pissing blood. I'll happily never see this feud or pairing ever again but I really enjoyed it. The Bunny gets wayyyyy to much criticism off weirdos. 

• Paid Members

I enjoyed the street fight too.

One of the things about wrestling, and I don't know how much this is the case in other forms of storytelling, is that you can redeem weeks or months of repetitive shite with a hot blow-off. The feud has been repetitive and shite, frankly - it's been really dragged out and it's felt like the same handful of matches and interference again and again and again.

No matter how much that annoyed me, I won't remember that. I'll remember the fun, violent blow-off and Bunny looking like a horror character.

• Paid Members

Yeah I really liked the amount of effort that all four women put in. There were some great visuals, some great highspots and there was a general feeling of unpredictable recklessness (always a massive plus in my book).

It was much better, and more memorable, than the Baker/Abadon match and all four came out with elevated footing in the roster. I'd say the only negatives were the meandering during the break and the typical Rampage post-production. 

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, Chris B said:

I enjoyed the street fight too.

One of the things about wrestling, and I don't know how much this is the case in other forms of storytelling, is that you can redeem weeks or months of repetitive shite with a hot blow-off. The feud has been repetitive and shite, frankly - it's been really dragged out and it's felt like the same handful of matches and interference again and again and again.

No matter how much that annoyed me, I won't remember that. I'll remember the fun, violent blow-off and Bunny looking like a horror character.

Considering AEW’s reputation for saving even the worst of feuds by having a hot and/or feel-good blow off, I think it speaks to how shit the Matt Hardy vs. Orange Cassidy feud was that they didn’t even bother. I don’t know how Matt Hardy sleeps at night knowing he had a feud that was considered less salvageable than Miro/Kip vs. Best Friends and Bunny/Ford vs. Jay/Conti.

22 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Considering AEW’s reputation for saving even the worst of feuds by having a hot and/or feel-good blow off, I think it speaks to how shit the Matt Hardy vs. Orange Cassidy feud was that they didn’t even bother. I don’t know how Matt Hardy sleeps at night knowing he had a feud that was considered less salvageable than Miro/Kip vs. Best Friends and Bunny/Ford vs. Jay/Conti.

I don't know how you can say that. I mean, we had Jack Evans vs Orange Cassidy in a hair match. That was the blow-off, for some reason.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, 69MeDon said:

I don't know how you can say that. I mean, we had Jack Evans vs Orange Cassidy in a hair match. That was the blow-off, for some reason.

I had to double check myself, but they continued feuding long after that. They even had a Matt Hardy vs. Orange Cassidy lumberjack match, which Matt won! They dropped it soon after though. I suspect even the participants themselves couldn’t stomach another episode of Rampage being stunk up by this never ending shit.

Changes coming to AEW Plus on FITE;

2A4BA82F-F6EE-43D3-9697-FC91DF95E12B.thumb.jpeg.542b3e378a2ea9ad5bd901b7e78757ec.jpeg

Still think they’re missing a trick. I’d happily pay triple that if they cut the advert breaks out of on-demand viewings and I never had to listen to those fucking theme songs ever again.

Edited by Supremo