AEW Rampage Thread 2022

dopper

Modern day Nasty Boys is exactly right....and that's why I love them!! Main event was probably great live but had too much going on to make it translate on TV.

I have to say that I am a Hooker! Even bought the t-shirt this morning!

Enjoyed Jake Atlas v Adam Cole, hope Atlas's injury doesn't keep him out too long.

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Chili said:

2.0 are basically a modern day Nasty Boys. B-level toughs. Bulk and Skull. A pair of high school style mouthy big shots. I love them. 

Bulk and Skull is the perfect comparison, 2.0 are a fun team you can just enjoy without needed to engage your brain. The best kind of wrestling.

5 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

2.0 are what the Nasty Boys would be if they were competent wrestlers. I sighed when they were signed, thinking of them as Ever Rise in NXT and just being bland, but 2.0 in AEW are like a completely different act. 

Exactly that. Because I watch absolutely fuck all even people like Orange Cassidy, Uno & Grayson etc that were on the indies were new to me. I've only seen 2.0 in AEW and love the act. Two greaseballs. Blockhead has amazing facial expressions. 

• Paid Members

2.0 were a class babyface team back in the day, great babyface-in-peril and hot tag stuff, and some fun double teams. It'll be interesting to see if AEW move them more in that direction eventually, though the tag division in general could do with a bit more of a renewed focus.

• Awards Moderator

It was interesting seeing the tag division (or most of it) head onto the stage after the title match finished on Wednesday. A lot of them I looked at and thought they were lower level and wasn’t sure feuding with the champs would do much for either team. I think Red Dragon will probably be next up for a title programme but they’ll have to have some tag matches first.

Anyway, Rampage was a nothing show overall this week, except for when HOOK was on. That segment had my fill attention. He’s great.

34 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Does Ruby Soho use the Rancid song of the same name as her entrance? If so, that’s an awful song from an awful band. If not, nothing to see here. 

It is. I've found it annoying after a bit, though I'm happy for Taz to keep singing it uncontrollably during her matches. 

1 minute ago, Chili said:

It is. I've found it annoying after a bit, though I'm happy for Taz to keep singing it uncontrollably during her matches. 

I’d rather hear Taz singing it than Tim Armstrong trying his hardest to sing it out of tune because he’s so authentic and punk to be fair. 

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Does Ruby Soho use the Rancid song of the same name as her entrance? If so, that’s an awful song from an awful band. If not, nothing to see here. 

Yeah she does. She was on a podcast recently (possibly even Lars Frederiksen’s) saying that “it was actually Lars’ idea that I use the song for my theme and really pushed for it”

Yeah, definitely nothing to do with him thinking “hey up, I can get an easy pay day out of this”

1 minute ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Yeah she does. She was on a podcast recently (possibly even Lars Frederiksen’s) saying that “it was actually Lars’ idea that I use the song for my theme and really pushed for it”

Yeah, definitely nothing to do with him thinking “hey up, I can get an easy pay day out of this”

Well, Lars knows a money mark when he sees one.