AEW Rampage Thread 2022

dopper

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, Merzbow said:

King of Rampage, Hook has been papped with his face deep in a dancers arse.

He's obviously a Viz reader and wanted to recreate his favourite picture. 

Screenshot_20220111_101331.jpg

• Paid Members

I caught the replay of Rampage on ITV yesterday. Obviously rewatched the whole HOOK match again. I’d forgotten my new favourite thing he did - when the bell rang and he immediately stormed to the centre of the ring. Has anyone ever done that before? Fucking boss move.

Also, HOOK passes the wife test. To quote Mrs. Supremo on his appearance; “wow, why is he a wrestler?”

• Paid Members

Adam Cole being positioned as a top singles star, doing his NXT match, leaves me ice cold. It’s going to be him facing Hangman at the PPV, isn’t it? Crap.

Let’s get to the headline though. The disgustingly handsome headline. Wardlow’s performance on this show, standing behind Spears, dressed in his Sunday best, calmly raising an eyebrow when the crowd started chanting for him and subtly reacting to Spears slagging him off, is the greatest, sexiest thing I’ve ever seen. Look at this man!

No wonder they didn’t book HOOK on this show, too. No show could possibly host that amount of hunk.

But yeah. Who cares if the rest of the show is the same old tropes. All that matters is that this man is going to snap and murder these pricks and it’s going to be the best thing that’s ever happened. He’s doing the Batista slow burn turn better than Batista. He’s going to eclipse both MJF and CM Punk combined when they eventually pull the trigger.

Edited by Supremo

23 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

Trent? looks like a giant against Adam Cole. Was it just me or did Cole have the Ross from Friends spray tan look. All front and no back :) You would think with so many friends and is missus he would have had someone do his back for him!

It's actually very subtle. It shows that no one has really got his back. #longtermstorytelling

• Paid Members

Again it feels like having competitive matches with what's only ever going to amount to a mid card act is going to make the top guys look less capable. If Cole is being put in place to challenge for the world title he needs to be getting some more decisive wins than this. Mind you with Britt Baker getting involved I wouldn't be surprised if Cole ended up feuding with Schiavone. 

Spears still strikes me as a nothing guy with a nothing gimmick. His "What's he doing in the Impact zone" promo where he pissed and moaned about how he was misused elsewhere following a match where he did his Tye Dillinger "10" gimmick says it all really. Having said that I can't wait until Wardlow demolishes him. 

"can they coexist?" having said that Layla feuding with Statlander will produce some good matches though 

Sky bitching about not getting a TNT title shot 2 days removed from Adam Page saying he could have a world title shot is stupid. 

Jay Lethal was there again. I'm sure Cornette will be happy that he's getting used now. Let's hope he hasn't offering his unique brand of coaching to the ladies backstage. 

Can Jericho just get off my TV please? Half the time he sounds like he's saying stuff just so you remember he's there. Reports say he's signed a new contract, so we're stuck with him for at least 2 more years. Hopefully when he ends up having his match with Kingston he has to take some time off. Taz sounds like he's just humouring him sometimes as well. 

Silver & Reynolds are a great team. Luchasaurus looked like he forgot to do the powerbomb bit of the tower of doom spot, then was selling something? He's the more experienced one, but it always feels like Jungle Boy is carrying the team. Again it felt too competitive, as I just can't see Silver & Reynolds as anything other than that team the tag champions beat for something to do. I also feel like they should have pinned Reynolds immediately rather than laying around for a few seconds to let Jungle Boy do his dive. The hard camera would have been able to catch both of them. I know it was hardly Tripper & Booker T at Mania 19, but it still felt a bit lame. 

It's Friday Night Rampage, not the main event of Wrestle Kingdom, sometimes guys just need putting over strong rather than squeaking out the win in an "epic". 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

“TWO GROWN MEN AND THEY GOIN’ THROUGH A GOTH PHASE…”

Yeah, The Acclaimed are absolutely superb. Top tier.

The Wardlow/Shawn Spears stuff was great too. Spears is a deceptively good loon. The natural conclusion to that promo has to be Punk winning in seconds.

Adam Cole going life and death with lower mid card acts and throwing away should-be finishers mid-match does nothing for me. 

• Paid Members

Yes. Totally forgot to mention the Acclaimed. That was a great video. Shame it's only going to lead to them. Getting beaten by Sting & Darby. They should be at the very least challenging for the tag titles. 

• Paid Members

"two grown men and they're going through a goth phase" is going to be stuck in my head for a solid month, I can already tell. Just brilliant. 

Interesting tidbit as well, the guy that was squashed by Omos on RAW Monday night was in the video. That means he's been on two major wrestling promotions Internationally broadcast TV shows in the space of 5 days. There can't be many people who have that claim?

6 minutes ago, gmoney said:

That video is the first thing Max Castor's done that's any good. 

I genuinely can’t think of a time when I’ve not enjoyed Max Caster. He pretty much always shines on the shows, for me.

I think I’ve said before, but it’s genuinely exciting to have someone who feels plugged into the real world, into modern culture, feels contemporary and has the air of ‘this guy could say anything’.

I think he’s great.

The Acclaimed’s wrestling isn’t the best, but I’m not sure that matters. If anything, one of the marks against AEW is that everyone is trying to have the best match on the show. I’ll take a solid bit of character work.

That’s just one example, but his vocab is modern, he’s pulling news stories and references from the real world. I can find loads of examples of this stuff that I love.

Push them to the moon, as far as I’m concerned.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz