AEW Rampage Thread 2022

dopper

9 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

One of the best things about the current Jurassic Express run? No Marko Stunt. Every so often I remember that Marko’s not there with them and I enjoy things a little more than I already do. They’ve not missed him have they?

Has he quietly been let go? Not that I’m complaining in the slightest, the only time I wanted him around was when the Brock Lesnar signing rumours were doing the rounds so that Brock could launch him into orbit, but he hasn’t been on anything AEW related since September

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

I’ve got more time for Marko than most. He’s took some great beatings in AEW and made a lot of guys look great. I still think there’s money in a Marko and Big Show tag team, too. Spend the entire match with Big Show throwing and swinging him at people like a weapon.

For a company that usually explains everything it is funny how the Good Brothers and Marko just vanished without a trace. Fell through the forbidden door, I guess.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
49 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

"two grown men and they're going through a goth phase" is going to be stuck in my head for a solid month, I can already tell. Just brilliant. 

Interesting tidbit as well, the guy that was squashed by Omos on RAW Monday night was in the video. That means he's been on two major wrestling promotions Internationally broadcast TV shows in the space of 5 days. There can't be many people who have that claim?

Is it him, Rude, Luger & Jarrett? 

Apparently Marko is off possibly after his contract expires. He's doing well on the American version of the Voice or some nonsense. Good for him, means everyone who was like 'He's too small, he makes my fake wrestling look too fake and its not fair' can breathe easy. We've got Bobby Fish and his 'do Low-Ki for a fiver in the pub' mate though. 

• Paid Members

While the Batista turn from 2005 is the most obvious comparison, there's a notable difference here - HHH never got in Dave's face and berated him publicly (save for a 'nearly' turn in 2004 where they pretended to argue). You knew the turn was coming and you knew that HHH secretly feared him, but Tripper kept his cards close to his chest. When Dave did eventually turn, he came off brilliantly.  And yet, before the contract signing segment he was effortlessly cool, calm and collected right up to before the turn took place. 

MJF has been screaming in Wardlow's face, enough spit omitting from his gob to make Chris Witty faint, openly chastising him in front of his peers and Joe Public numerous times. The rage is only going to intensify the longer this goes on, and when he finally snaps and wipes out the entire Pinnacle single-handedly with 100 powerbombs, it could be one of the moments of the year. 

The one thing they need to be careful of is thus - after Wardlow absolutely battered Punk without any help, we'll reach a point soon where there's almost no reason for MJF to have a hold over him anymore. Purely in terms of kayfabe, if he's destroyed CM Punk with basically no help and only lost because of a fluke rollup, he could easily do the same to MJF. Depending on how long they wait to pull the trigger, you're running out of reasons for him not to batter the gaggle of twats holding him back. You could establish that he's on a fat wad because of MJF's employment. But it absolutely shouldn't be out of fear of the repercussions - that'll kill the aura they've steadily built around him. 

All heading in the right direction though. He's fantastic. 

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

• Paid Members

Preeumably MJF gets more and more desperate and keeps reminding Wardlow that if he does anything to jeopardise their contract he finds himself gone from AEW, and at some point a babyface (possibly Punk?) talks to Tony Khan and arranges for them to draw up an AEW contract for him. MJF's reaction to that and then a few weeks of his shutting the bed and running away until they finally manage to get their hands on him would be a good build. Heck make it a cage match because Wardlow is tired of MJF running away. 

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Preeumably MJF gets more and more desperate and keeps reminding Wardlow that if he does anything to jeopardise their contract he finds himself gone from AEW, and at some point a babyface (possibly Punk?) talks to Tony Khan and arranges for them to draw up an AEW contract for him. MJF's reaction to that and then a few weeks of his shutting the bed and running away until they finally manage to get their hands on him would be a good build. Heck make it a cage match because Wardlow is tired of MJF running away. 

It needs something a bit stronger I feel. From a kayfabe perspective, it's hard to believe that if MJF ripped up his contract tomorrow, Wardlow wouldn't be able to negotiate a deal on his own terms immediately as a 'free agent' as it were. It needs stronger hook. That could be through a vast sum of money in his current deal with MJF, or some kind of iron-clad cause he signed previously meaning he'd be sued in the event of a turn for X amount. 

I'm sure they could flesh out those scenarios far better than I've just described there, but they'll soon need a hook for the reason he hasn't turned yet depending on how long they stretch it out. 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Has the furore over Jay Lethal died down now, like Darby Allin? 

Maybe Tony will bring Flair in after all and just ride out the first week or so.

Maybe he's waiting to see whether Tommy Dreamer actually appears on an episode of Impact first after the reports of his going back to his writing/production role. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

You have to presume that when they make the turn, the program will become MJF/Wardlow.

That makes me think they’ll turn Wardlow after Punk beats MJF, eventually. In the aftermath of the match, MJF is gobbing off at Wardlow for not helping him when… WARDOG SMASH!!