AEW Rampage Thread 2022

dopper

42 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Buy in’s are for PPV’s as a way to try and entice people to buy the PPV.

They have used them for tv as well to get viewers ready to watch the tv show . Suzuki vs Danielson was on the last one 

Edited by Louch

I did see a comment by a elsewhere from just a random that might make sense. The timing of Battle of the Belts wasn't exactly AEW ideas and something pushed on them by TNT. In a way I could see that making sense AEW prioritising the debut of Dynamite in the same week, and there was the initial uncertainty discussion over whether it would be only an hour.

1 minute ago, poetofthedeed said:

Wasn't that directly against smackdown doing a 30 minute overrun?

The 30 minute overrun went against Rampage. The idea of the Buy In was to compete against the 2nd hour of Smackdown to either hold viewers for Rampage or take them away from Smackdown depending on your point of view.

37 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Hoping it's one of them shows that over delivers but I can definitely see it being a bit of a damp squid. 

Most of them are damp given where they live 

• Paid Members

Hook is the man. I really enjoyed the main event too, bar Jericho's appearance. The commentary was pulled down massively this week with Jericho on board. 

If Dynamite is Excalibur, Ross and big Tone, then Rampage needs to be Excalibur, Taz and maybe a constantly rotating third wheel if they really want to try out others in the spot. Starks is better than Jericho and Henry, sure, but let's not confuse that for him actually being good at commentary.