AEW Rampage Thread 2022

dopper

2 minutes ago, Version1.0 said:

They need to cut the opening 7 seconds of Hook's theme after he wins. It's great for his entrance; however, sounds stupid after, especially when they played it twice.

I've noticed he doesn't release the Redrum until the beat kicks in after the intro, so I think it's intentional.

• Paid Members

I'd imagine so, especially when Cody's back in a week. Do they "unify" the belts on Rampage next week or the week after? 

Honestly I wasn't really arsed about Battle of The Belts until they swapped Cody out for Dustin.

Hoping Dustin gets a run with the TNT title even if only a short one. 

The woman's title match is such a forgone conclusion that I can't give a shit regardless if Riho or Rudy get the shot.

Though growing tension between Britt and Jamie is a little interesting. 

2 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Honestly I wasn't really arsed about Battle of The Belts until they swapped Cody out for Dustin.

Hoping Dustin gets a run with the TNT title even if only a short one. 

The woman's title match is such a forgone conclusion that I can't give a shit regardless if Riho or Rudy get the shot.

Though growing tension between Britt and Jamie is a little interesting. 

Rudy Riot = $$$

Just imagine TK paying for this theme.

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

For their first 'special' this feels very underwhelming. Tone is being a bit too stingy. How they got nothing better for Ricky Starks than Matt Sydal?

I get it being Sydal, this is Starks broken ego proving he's better than Dante because he can one and done beating Sydal. 

I want it to be Dustin that wins tonight. The idea of that finally being the thing that gets a full heel turn from Cody when his big brother steals the spotlight is just about something I can get on board with and if anyone deserves a championship in AEW, its Dustin for sure. He's been great throughout the entire run. 

13 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Buy in’s are for PPV’s as a way to try and entice people to buy the PPV.

Except it's the name of the Youtube pre-show that they've used for the live Rampage going against Smackdown's 2 & a half hour special and the streaming specials they did on the run up to the Dynamite launching.

• Paid Members

It is weird that they’ve done Buy In  YouTube shows for much less. For a show that seemed originally intended to be a multi-hour special that got switched to one hour, when they’re bringing in all the Champions for the live crowd anyway, it would seem to make sense to do the other matches on YouTube.

I won’t complain if Dustin is holding up a belt by the end of the night though. Quite like the idea of Dustin winning the unification match, too. Feels like the perfect thing to push Cody over the edge and kickstart the heel turn. I’m fully aware of the likelihood of me still waiting for the Cody turn twelve months from now though.

Speaks volumes for Sammy’s reign that I’ve no interest in him winning the Interim belt. He’s another one who needs a hard reset away from Jericho.