AEW Rampage Thread 2022

dopper

13 hours ago, RedRooster said:

It’s interesting that he hasn’t appeared with the rest of Team Tazz at all recently, and now his first real feud appears to be with a heel. I wonder, rather than turn Hobbs and Starks face, if the conscious plan is to quietly distance him from them without actually saying that’s what’s happening? He’s brilliant regardless and, I can’t believe I’m saying this, but QT Marshall is an excellent choice for that first feud.

I'm guessing but as he's Taz's son he'll always be a part of a Team Taz in some sort or another. Until the day comes that he's feuding with his old man of course. An obvious storyline is Hobbs and/or Starks getting jealous of HOOK and telling Taz to choose between Team Taz or his son. 

One thing I'm happy, and surprised, with is that the company as a whole is putting over the reactions he's getting. They're not trying to force us to believe he's a heel when it's clear as day that everybody loves him. 

• Paid Members

I could see all of Team Taz ending up face as a result of Hook's popularity, and I'd be fine with that.

Taz has a lot of goodwill with the fans from his commentary work & cuts a good babyface promo, Hobbs had the makings of a good good guy before they turned him, and although Starks seems a more natural heel I think he could be ok as a face. If he's not, do the jealousy thing (on both sides) and have Hook relieve him of the FTW belt and boot him from the group.

Starks has a cracking backstory that would be easy to turn him. Have a show in New Orleans and have him tell his story in the lead up and you turn him there without anyone questioning it 

It could work somewhere down the line. You'd need a fun group of tossers to turn them (The Factory? They do got Ogogo back). Team Taz with sexy twink killer Hook, Hobbs as the big power spot man and Starks as the cocky cheating shit you love. Yeah I'll take that post Revolution or something. 

21 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

When Starks wrestled Brian Cage he was getting monster babyface pops. I can see him and all of Team Taz transitioning to babyfaces very easily.

Wasn't that in Starks' home town, though? That said, I think Starks would be well received as a face, and Hobbs did a fine job when he started out in that position.

For me, the best eventual course of action would be for Hook, as a babyface, to challenge Starks, as a heel, for the FTW title, before handing it back to his dad and "retiring it" from television (ultimately, there's no real reason for it to exist anymore).

In the long term, Starks probably will end up as a babyface, but I think there are some interesting storylines to tell before they even consider taking that route. 

• Paid Members

Stark is piss funny, so that'll work as a heel or a face. At the moment, he's in exactly the right spot and - for me - he's nailing it. I could easily see another 6-12 months of this before he has to turn face. A Starks/HOOK feud could be enormously fun.

• Paid Members

Cracking episode this week. Enjoyed all the matches. FTR are my favorites and The Acclaimed and Private Party are getting better every week so great to see all three teams get a decent showcase. Only thing I didn't like was Moxley kept licking his hand and slapping Bowens on the back which was absolutely weird and the type of thing you see on wrestling where you hope a non-fan doesn't walk in and catch you watching.

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

The Acclaimed and Private Party are getting better every week

I think the time has come for The Acclaimed to move away from the cycle of designated ‘jobbers to the stars’ to become a featured act. They’ve felt like they’ve been on the cusp of becoming something significant for a while - now they need a statement win. 

This show was a lot of fun, and I might be in the minority, but I’m really enjoying Jade Cargill. Sure, she has the odd clunker, but she feels like a massive star in spite of that. When she finally loses, it’s going to feel like a big deal; and elevate whoever defeats her.

Moxley is absolutely brilliant, and his entrance is always the most perfect way to open a show; it’s just energising, and gets you in the mood for what’s coming next. Without saying a word (yet), Danielson already has me willing Moxley on to beat the shit out of him. For someone who can come across as the most likeable guy in the world, he is ridiculously effective at coming across as a smug twat who really could do with getting his face punched.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

think the time has come for The Acclaimed to move away from the cycle of designated ‘jobbers to the stars’ to become a featured act. They’ve felt like they’ve been on the cusp of becoming something significant for a while - now they need a statement win. 

I definitely agree. Not sure who they can get that significant win over though. Jurassic Express are pretty much the only established and currently regularly active babyface tag team (Santana and Ortiz might be an option). If AEW bring in Jeff as rumoured a Hardy Boys vs Acclaimed feud might be just what they need.

Good to see Private Party get back some decent airtime. I remember them from a while back and were, to me, a bit 'meh' but they seem to have gone away and earned their chance to get back on programming. 

Shows to other roster members that hard work does pay off and your chance will come in time.

Private party seem to have been protected by being side lined, they have loads to offer in ring and charisma wise. Has saved them being jobbed out and people having seen too much before the time to shine for them