AEW Rampage Thread 2022

dopper

• Paid Members

They're taping the special? I wonder how the spoilers will affect viewership. Which title's interim champion will get crowned this time? 

• Paid Members

A 7pm start time for Rampage on a Friday is perfect for us over in the UK. 

Cole vs 10 was a great bout and kept 10 looking good.

Deeb is growing on me. I think the gimmick is awful, barely a gimmick really, but she’s clearly a great wrestler.

Hobbs v Dante was a great back and forth and the FotR ladder match is looking really interesting so far. Wonder who is getting the final 3 spots?

First time seeing Jay White and he had a great match with Trent, but his avoidance of the outside moonsault really annoyed me. Just a shitty thing to do. Outside of that, it was enjoyable and Jay White impressed me, but I also feel Trent is underrated. Solid worker.

Trent had a decent G1 run a few years back. He just never seems arsed to get himself in the position to have good matches often, but can work at a top guys level when he has to 

AEW can only offer so much handsome at one time.

Was that spinebuster from Hobbs one of the best ever or what? I didn't expect that ladder match to end up being such a hoss battle, get 10 in there.

A great debut from Jay White but I doubt we'll see him around full time or anything, a shame as I really like him and he's everything Cole should be.

17 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

AEW can only offer so much handsome at one time.

Was that spinebuster from Hobbs one of the best ever or what? I didn't expect that ladder match to end up being such a hoss battle, get 10 in there.

A great debut from Jay White but I doubt we'll see him around full time or anything, a shame as I really like him and he's everything Cole should be.

100% on Jay White. I’d not seen him before but he just seemed like what Adam Cole could be, if Adam Cole looked and behaved like a wrestler. Based on the pre-match promo, though, it sounds like this is it for him. Shame.

I want a ladder match of big bastards more than anything I’ve ever wanted, probably.

Big Meaty Men Slapping Meat (…with ladders). Yes please.

• Paid Members

Having competitive matches against Dark Order schlubs isn't going to make me think Adam Cole is any threat to Hangman Page, mind you it's more about ReDragon and potentially the Bucks getting involved rather than Wogan hands Cole being any good, I guess. 

I'm all about a big lads ladder match. It's be such a change from the usual high spot spectacular. 

Is Serena Deeb being set up to be Thunder Rosa's first title challenger? 

At least we'll be getting the TBS title being defended on TBS next week. Hopefully they can keep it simple as well, so they both look good. Jeff is definitely coming in at some point. 

Jay White Vs Trent was good. Jay is all warmed up for wrestling Eric Young at No Surrender tomorrow. I wonder how he'll play into the Elite stuff, if at all. 6 man with the Bucks against Cole, O'Reilly & Fish? 

Another good episode.