AEW Rampage Thread 2022

dopper

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, BomberPat said:

When do you start to consider Harry Smith a character in his own right, rather than Davey Boy's kid? 

Harry's an odd one, because he's done stuff kind of on his own like when he was DH Smith in WWE leaning more into the Harts stuff, but then he's also wrestled as British Bulldog Jr or World Of Sport, Davey Boy Smith Jr in Japan, and Bulldog Hart when he was teaming with Chavo in Ring Ka King as if anybidy remembers that. 

I don't know how similar to Chavo senior Chavo junior was, but he certainly tried to turn his whole act into Poundshop Eddie for a while after Eddie's death. Got him booed out of the building at that Impact taping in Manchester. 

• Paid Members
On 1/30/2022 at 8:13 PM, 69MeDon said:

What's going on with Pillman Jnr?

Who cares? He's shit. And for all the people who still think he's a green rookie with potential...he's 28 years old and has been wrestling for 5 years. If he wasn't a second generation guy he'd be nowhere in the business. 

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Supremo said:

Asking this in the Rampage thread? The show HOOK put on the map? For shame!

I said this to a mate after Hook's first match, one of the things I like about him most is that while he is similar to his dad in some ways, he's already different in ways that make sense.

Taz was a hybrid of skilled judoka & street tough, and was a pretty successful pro wrestler as a result. Because his dad was a successful pro wrestler, Hook didn't grow up on the mean streets like Taz did, so whilst he's inherited his dad's mean streak and aptitude for martial arts, he's also a kind of preppy rich kid who played lacrosse at a good university.

Decent show.

The Starks/Lethal finish was great, but the match didn’t really grab me.

I thought Adam Cole actually getting a match against a schlub done in fairly short order (followed by a pretty purposeful, serious promo) was a nice change of pace. His look is still terrible, but if he does have to be the next #1 contender then I prefer it to be this version.

Enjoyed the Sammy Guevara match. Well, everything apart from Jericho making it about himself. He was really undermining Sammy at the end, which is even worst when you consider they already had a surprise back-up spot lined up.

I really can’t stand Jericho on comms. I particularly hate the way he talks in ‘insider’ terms during matches. Just terrible.

Without Jericho how else do we get such wonderful insights as Evil Uno means Evil One 🤯

Couldn't stand him on comms either. It was especially bad during the Sammy match.

Match wise everything was good.

My disappointment in the Rosa/Martinez finish was quickly tempered by the backstage interview.

Looks like the road map to Revolution is becoming clearer with the Battle of the Adams and Britt/Thunder.

Keith Lee is being speculated about being Wednesday's debut in the Face of the Revolution Ladder qualifier. There's certainly plenty of options.

• Paid Members

I wonder whether we get Britt & Jamie before we get Britt & Rosa again. 

Jericho was his usual unbearable self. 

I guess Jay Lethal hasn't been sleeping with the right people in the back given where he is on the card. Back to harassing the girls backstage at Dark for him now, I assume. 

Sammy Vs Darby will be another banger, can't wait to see Allin kill himself again.

Is Agogo healthy now? I'm not sure who I'll cheer for if he's sent after Hook by QT in the coming weeks.

Mercedes Martinez has some of the weakest looking strikes I've seen for someone who's supposedly a badass, those forearms were laughably bad. I dug the backstage bit tho.

Starks is fucking gold, Jay is fucking shit.

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members

Would it be Ogogo, though? QT Marshall said it'd be somebody they've never seen before in AEW, didn't he?