AEW Rampage Thread 2022

dopper

• Paid Members

@MerzbowI'm sure he'll try and justify it as Bullet Club/CHAOS, but it really is just that they brought him in to try and justify the Forbidden Door tweet from the other day, and the only thing they could think to do was stick him with Best Friends. 

I’ve never seen Jay White, I don’t think, but he looks pretty good. Like… he hasn’t got the Adam Cole ‘gym? Nah mate’ body and his mannerisms seem fairly legit.

That said, I have no idea how big of a deal he is or how hyped I’m supposed to do.

It’s mental they brought him just to justify a tweet, but they very quickly need to decide what he is and where he belongs. At the minute it feels like he’s just playing the role of Adam Cole in that feud, whilst Cole feuds with Page.

• Paid Members

I think he'll do a job to Orange Cassidy just before the New Japan American PPV and then head back to New Japan. 

As long as SOME attempt is made at explaining Jay White to the characters he's been introduced too ill give him a fair whack. I don't mind Adam Cole but that's because I've seen none of him but his AEW work and done ok explaining his background to the non Bullet Club fist rattlers. As long as I vaguely get why Jay White is popping in I'll probably enjoy it. His look is actually a bit bland to me, but is there anything of his worth looking out to see? 

5 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I think he'll do a job to Orange Cassidy just before the New Japan American PPV and then head back to New Japan. 

I doubt it. Don't know how long he'll be around for, but don't see him losing any singles matches in this run. If he ended up in a match with Orange Cassidy i'd imagine he'd get the win through heelish ways. The only reason OC got the big singles win over Cole was because it didn't count.

• Paid Members

With it having been such a last minute deal I wonder what angles they're going to move around to accommodate him. I'd rather see Jay White challenging Hangman than Adam Cole, but with their rankings and the like I can't imagine there'd be time to set anything like that up for Revolution. Have him team with REdragon against the Bucks and a returning Kenny? 

The only other thing I can think of at the moment is he pisses around with Best Friends/CHAOS and we get Jay White & G.O.D Vs Rappongi Vice and either somebody like Ishii if they can get him in for it, or Chuck Taylor. 

He's facing Trent on next week's Rampage. Not sure he'll do much of anything other than further sow the seeds of dissension between Cole/Bucks/ReDragon. I've seen it said Fish and O'Reilly weren't around due to O'Reilly's wife about to give birth. So Jay fills that void.

After Trent maybe he slots into the Cole/Hangman feud. Set up a multi-man match as the Bucks don't want to get in between the two Adams. Cole/Jay/GoD v. Hangman/Dark Order type thing. Cole/Jay v. Hangman/SIlver or 10.

4 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Britt's full on fast forward material for me now, no idea how she's lost all the charm and wit she once had. It's not just the lacklustre booking and challengers to blame

I agree, unfortunately. The stuff with Hayter and Mercedes just feels like drama for the sake of it, and it’s been a while since she had anything close to an entertaining storyline. Out of the two Women’s champions, I look forward to seeing Jade Cargill far more than I do Britt right now.

Fair play to The Gunn Club, who proved that they’re more than just a banging theme song. I have to admit, I’ve really enjoyed Austin and Colton throughout this feud, and I hope it leads to them getting more TV time on the main shows. They’re actually a lot of fun.

I also liked what I saw from Romero and Trent. Break them away from The Best Friends, and perhaps you have another credible tag team to strengthen, and freshen up, the tag division. 

14 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

that horrible hmmmmmmmmmmmEEEEEEEEEE noise that has plagued Smackdown since 2002 that they're now putting over live shows as well.

Ahh are they still using it? The one that sounds like AM radio interference? Big nostalgia pop from me