AEW Rampage Thread 2022

dopper

• Paid Members

Finally getting round to seeing this show, I can't believe all the chatter online was about the crowd of thorns, yet seemingly no-one was talking about the real story coming out of this show, which was Regal shouting, "right in the mush!" on commentary. That really tickled me. Regal's short run in AEW thus far has been nothing short of spectacular. Using him as  a regular character, promo and commentator, you realise how under-utilised he was in NXT. For as good as he was as the GM, it's madness how sporadically he was used considering what he's still got left in the tank. He's amazing at everything!

Edited by Supremo

I assume AEW have no 'creative services' but after his amazing showing someone needs to push Yuta to change his look from shitty jobber tights and dirty trainers to something more fitting. He's got so much potential but looking the part is dam important too so he needs to look at himself there

On 4/18/2022 at 11:27 PM, boyfriend said:

I assume AEW have no 'creative services' but after his amazing showing someone needs to push Yuta to change his look from shitty jobber tights and dirty trainers to something more fitting. He's got so much potential but looking the part is dam important too so he needs to look at himself there

His look doesn’t bother me so much, but they really do need to change his entrance as a matter of urgency. It absolutely screams jobber. You have Moxley and Bryan with incredibly memorable entrances, then Yuta with the most generic, unmemorable entrance you could possibly dream up. It’s a shame, he deserves better.

• Awards Moderator

Hook speaks!

Other than that, pretty forgettable episode for me. Cole vs Ishii did nothing to make me want to watch Forbidden Door, Archer was always going to squish Serpentico to get him ready for Wardlow on Wednesday, and other than who won, I can't remember anything about the other two matches.

• Paid Members

I absolutely loved Ishii/Cole. I wasn't sure if the crowd would go for it, but they got really into it. Ishii launching himself up for that headbutt in the corner was fantastic. 

It took me ages to get Ishii but I proper love him now.

As someone who's loved Ishii for years I didn't really enjoy this match, he was regularly having absolute bangers when I was still into New Japan and this wasn't half as good. It felt like he threw in a couple of the greatest hits but didn't really go in anywhere near the best he can, to be fair it was just a TV match but even then..

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members

I had a good time with this show. The Kingston match was really good, the Jericho Appreciation Society screaming, “HUMAN RESOURCES!” made me laugh, an Archer squash is always great fun and that main event was far better than it had any right to be.

Best thing on the show was obviously Danhausen stamping on Hook’s crisps though. Best feud going today.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I had a good time with this show. The Kingston match was really good, the Jericho Appreciation Society screaming, “HUMAN RESOURCES!” made me laugh, an Archer squash is always great fun and that main event was far better than it had any right to be.

Best thing on the show was obviously Danhausen stamping on Hook’s crisps though. Best feud going today.

Daddy Magic Matt is comedy gold anyone still not enjoying 2.0 I feel sorry for.

One of Cole’s best AEW matches I thought. No issue with a Murderhawk squash match, made me pumped for Wednesday. Garcia vs Kingston was a fun little brawl, really enjoying the feud.

Jade’s really improving. For someone who only started 15 months ago, she’s doing a grand job especially considering Marina Shaffir has been woeful in all of her matches, right decision to job her out after hyping her up.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Daddy Magic Matt is comedy gold anyone still not enjoying 2.0 I feel sorry for.

The best stuff Sammy Guevara ever did was at the very start of the pandemic, when for a few weeks his sole purpose appeared to be to make Chris Jericho laugh.

That’s almost Daddy Magic’s entire act. He’s the best.