AEW Rampage Thread 2022

dopper

• Paid Members

Aye. That ending made fuck all sense. The only thing I liked was the weird noise Lambert made when he was running out of the ring.

I really don't understand where they are going with this at all. I was into the idea of Sky, as a face, gradually splitting with American Top Team but they just scrapped that story and for what? A continuation of the awkward Heel vs Heel feud with Sammy and Tay? 

Load of shite.

• Paid Members

They're potentially going with further teases of dissension between Sky/Page and potentially building to some sort of four way between the respective parties involved. But with only four shows left to get to that point and the terrible execution, any suspense and excitement for this has totally evaporated to the point where nothing good can come out of it and everyone involved is left with the stench of disappointment. It looks like now there'll be no one-time SCU reunion in California. If that was a face turn for Sammy it's dead before it's even started because his previous turn was too recent. Ditto for Sky, but in reverse. There remains hope for Ethan Page, and his promo ability alone is enough to keep him on track to rise above the silly bollocks taking place, but he needs to break free and fly solo. 

The Lambert appearances were fun at first in a sort of special guest shithouse-type role, but that's been badly overexposed and overdone now for me. Marching orders required. 

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

34 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

The Lambert appearances were fun at first in a sort of special guest shithouse-type role, but that's been badly overexposed and overdone now for me. Marching orders required. 

Totally agree. He’s a one-note act, and the misogynistic language makes me cringe. Men of the Year were doing just fine without him. 

Strong show this week imo. 

Big Billy ghosting the Ass Boys in favour of Max Caster got a chuckle out of me. 

Trios and Spears matches were fine for what they were. 

Stantlander Vs. Velvet was a good showing for both. 

Really fun main event. 

The ad break placement is fucking awful though.

• Paid Members
On 5/21/2022 at 2:44 PM, The King Of Swing said:

Big Billy ghosting the Ass Boys in favour of Max Caster got a chuckle out of me. 

This and Danhausen training with HOOK were by far the highlights. If nothing else, AEW are still nailing the daft midcard comedy.

I absolutely cannot call it a good show when it has the stink of the Sammy Guevara stuff on it though. I can’t understand how you can read the room enough to turn him heel, yet still just continue the Scorpio feud, only now with nobody for the viewer to root for. The worst shades of grey possible. Grey dogshit.

• Paid Members

“Tony,  just how many matches are you planning to have on this Pay Per View?!”

”Yes.”

B09877C3-8EB8-42EA-8504-4DD1A9B77B0C.thumb.jpeg.afe2421b5c2073a61c0e8072a8abff45.jpeg

Tony Khan’s favourite Wrestlemania is Wrestlemania 2000. Pass it on.

Edited by Supremo

Seeing more matches just puts me off wanting to buy it. No need for the matches added on rampage to not be your dynamite and rampage main events next week. I care soo little about so much of that card