AEW Rampage Thread 2022

dopper

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Think your confused here.

The battle royal is on Wednesday.

The winner of that battle Royal faces Moxley at FD.

Whoever wins that match, will face Punk somewhere down the road.

It couldn't have been more clear to be fair.

Why Moxley goes straight to FD, I don't know.

Go read the tweet higher up the thread. It says:

WEDNESDAY on #AEWDynamite at 8/7c on TBS, we’ll kick things off with a Battle Royale to determine who faces #1 contender @JonMoxley in the Dynamite main event. The winner of Dynamite’s main event goes on to #ForbiddenDoor to challenge for the Interim #AEW World Championship!

I'm afraid you're mistaken. 3 stages: battle royal --> Moxley match --> forbidden door

It self evidently COULD have been more clear.

Edited by Duke

I think the show desperately misses Omega, to be honest. Having someone right at the tippy top of the card with zero WWE baggage was real differentiator for them.

I’d love to see him back in the mix sooner rather than later.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

I stand corrected.

What a mess 😆

To be fair, your understanding makes more sense than what they're actually doing.

I can only assume they're setting this up this way to quickly build a baby face contender by having them win a battle royal and then beat the final boss that is Moxley before competing against TBA at forbidden door.  

If that's the plan, they can't do any better than Eddie Kingston.

1 hour ago, Louch said:

Younger wrestlers loses title to botch heavy part timer, who then vacates than putting someone else over. Proper wrestling is back 

If he is injured, everyone knows he's injured and if they don't can clearly see that he is, then him putting someone over in that state means absolutely fuck all and would actually devalue that persons win.

If Cody was still around it’d be amazing for him to solidify his heel turn by winning the interim world title on a technicality.

But yes Eddie is also a great pick, and sewing dissension between him and Moxley while they have this Blood & Guts match coming up would be intriguing and a natural development from Eddie’s scrap with Danielson at the PPV. Would also be perfect character development for Eddie if he has an impressive interim reign but then loses to his arch nemesis Punk and never gets to call himself the real world champ.

As messy as it is AEW have some great options here. No one’s even mentioned Hangman yet. I hope TK gets a huge bag in Wednesday afternoon.

Edited by Pinc

18 minutes ago, Pinc said:

If Cody was still around it’d be amazing for him to solidify his heel turn by winning the interim world title on a technicality.

But yes Eddie is also a great pick, and sewing dissension between him and Moxley while they have this Blood & Guts match coming up would be intriguing and a natural development from Eddie’s scrap with Danielson at the PPV. Would also be perfect character development for Eddie if he has an impressive interim reign but then loses to his arch nemesis Punk and never gets to call himself the real world champ.

As messy as it is AEW have some great options here. No one’s even mentioned Hangman yet. I hope TK gets a huge bag in Wednesday afternoon.

The problem with Hangman is, the good money is on the winner ultimately taking a lie down for a returning Punk. I’m not sure Page needs that in his life right now.

1 hour ago, quote the raven said:

LOL they had to push Mox up the rankings or it was wardlow. 

Mox jumped 4 places this week....

Im hoping against hope Omega is ready to go. The forbidden door Tanahashi now has no one....

Rankings update on a Wednesday before Dynamite. Not only have they bumped up Mox to #1 but they've updated the rankings on the fly on an irregular day just to fit the situation. Wardlow is being robbed

Edited by mrtrickio

23 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

If he is injured, everyone knows he's injured and if they don't can clearly see that he is, then him putting someone over in that state means absolutely fuck all and would actually devalue that persons win.

We have seen plenty heels over the years take advantage of a crippled champion to win, devalues nothing if someone cheats anyway.
Plus I was only joking as I see this as punks Hogan 2002 Run and he’s hitting all the right notes so far.