AEW Rampage Thread 2022

dopper

26 minutes ago, Supremo said:

The Blackpool Combat Club is the best thing in wrestling today, and long may it continue, but man. All it takes is a single one-on-one TV match to be reminded that Bryan Danielson is the best wrestler in the world today. He needs to be World Champion before this run ends.

Agreed. They really need to have him hold the belt at some point. He should be promoted top of the card on Dynamite as well. 

3 hours ago, Louch said:

Why didn’t they bother having Bryan fall into the gap for him to no sell it Wednesday and last night? 

The fall into the gap was an accident and he did sell it a bit on Wednesday. Also the commentary mentioned on Rampage that he was having last night's match to prove he's back to 100%.

• Paid Members

Huh. Seems that dive was even stupider than first thought. Punk vacating the belt certainly puts the cat amongst the pigeons. 

MJF? No point going right back to Hangman since a few days ago they wanted it off of him. Mox, Danielson, Jericho and Omega aren't in the picture/preoccupied/injured. 

Wardlow? Complete hot shot or not, fuck knows anything will be better than the step back they gave him immediately on Dynamite this week. 

Edited by WeeAl

• Paid Members

Unless they’ve got something mad in their back pocket like Omega making a surprise return, it has to be Moxley. He’s on the run of his life, has become the king of the TV match, and above all else he’s the coolest man alive. Give him the run he should have had in 2020.

• Paid Members

If there any more argument required to get Jericho out of the booth, repeatedly screwing up the announcement is surely the last nail in the coffin. 

In terms of who wins the interim, it's surely depending on how long Punk is out. If it's only a few months I'd be tempted to give it to someone like Eddie Kingston who would then have a great story with Punk when he comes back, but if it's longer then you've got to imagine it'll be one of the established guys. 

That being said, it was interesting that Punk just mentioned two ex WWE guys as his "deserving" champs. Sows some MJF brand seeds.

Younger wrestlers loses title to botch heavy part timer, who then vacates than putting someone else over. Proper wrestling is back 

• Paid Members

Just because it's been said twice in this thread and their announcement was properly confusing:

Punk hasn't vacated. There will be an interim champion in his absence. That champion will be crowned at forbidden door, not on Wednesday.

The more I think about it, the more it feels like Tony's Friday night coke binge started early because this whole thing is mental.

Why does Moxley get a free hit and not have to compete in the battle royale? In storyline, he either beats someone who's knackered or lose them. If he's going to win, just announce that he's going into forbidden door. If he's not he looks weak losing to someone who's already had a battle royale match.

They've also had to blatantly gimmick their rankings to put him in (unlike before where they were less blatant). Wardlow was 1 on Wednesday, and Mox has jumped four spaces since then. 

We have a battle royale for the right to fight Moxley for the right to fight for the belt at forbidden door. What??

spacer.png

Edited by Duke

I hope he uses this injury break to have a look at the pro’s and con’s of his return.

For me, it’s been broadly brilliant with a few things cropping up where you go… ‘this might be a mistake’.

For one, stop jumping into the crowd. Clearly you can hurt yourself, but you’re also begging for a lawsuit.

The Penta, Hangman and 6 man matches tell me he might need to park his springboard shit for a bit. It’s not a huge part of his act, yet flubbing his lines has the danger over the long term to undermine him and the title/company.

Also, you’re in your 40’s and have never been a freak athlete. Maybe ease off on the schedule a bit. Maybe wrestle less TV matches and focus on the big money stuff. Imagine this was a career ending injury and we’d seen him face Lee Moriarty and Matt Sydal but not Moxley, Danielson or Omega.

13 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

. Imagine this was a career ending injury and we’d seen him face Lee Moriarty and Matt Sydal but not Moxley, Danielson or Omega.

We call that “the Cody run” 

22 minutes ago, Duke said:

Just because it's been said twice in this thread and their announcement was properly confusing:

Punk hasn't vacated. There will be an interim champion in his absence. That champion will be crowned at forbidden door, not on Wednesday.

The more I think about it, the more it feels like Tony's Friday night coke binge started early because this whole thing is mental.

Why does Moxley get a free hit and not have to compete in the battle royale? In storyline, he either beats someone who's knackered or lose them. If he's going to win, just announce that he's going into forbidden door. If he's not he looks weak losing to someone who's already had a battle royale match.

They've also had to blatantly gimmick their rankings to put him in (unlike before where they were less blatant). Wardlow was 1 on Wednesday, and Mox has jumped four spaces since then. 

We have a battle royale for the right to fight Moxley for the right to fight for the belt at forbidden door. What??

spacer.png

Think your confused here.

The battle royal is on Wednesday.

The winner of that battle Royal faces Moxley at FD.

Whoever wins that match, will face Punk somewhere down the road.

It couldn't have been more clear to be fair.

Why Moxley goes straight to FD, I don't know.

Edited by The King of Old School

9 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Think your confused here.

The battle royal is on Wednesday.

The winner of that battle Royal faces Moxley at FD.

It couldn't have been more clear to be fair.

Why Moxley goes straight to FD, I don't know.

No disrespect, but I believe you’ve got it wrong.

Excalibur said later in the show that Wednesday is the Battle Royale, the winner of that faces Moxley in the main event  with the winner of that match facing Tanahashi at FD for the interim title.

Edited by WyattSheepMask