AEW Rampage Thread 2022

dopper

To get to Danielson you need to hotshot the next Danielson vs moxley match and feels too soon. Eddie Vs mox wouid be a nice crease in the Eddie and Danielson tiff.  

re MJF, he does feel the right man for this, but would new Japan be happy he beats Tannahashi? 

1 minute ago, Louch said:

re MJF, he does feel the right man for this, but would new Japan be happy he beats Tannahashi? 

Is Tanahashi the confirmed opponent for the #1 contender? I hope so, but I hadn’t picked that up anywhere?

1 minute ago, Pinc said:

Is Tanahashi the confirmed opponent for the #1 contender? I hope so, but I hadn’t picked that up anywhere?

Yeah the interim match order is 

winner of battle royal vs mox faces Tana at forbidden door and it’s that match that determines the interim title. No one gets a belt this week 

• Paid Members

Wardlow really should be winning the battle royale. If he does, I can't seem him beating Moxley. So it's a bad idea to have Wardlow in the battle royale, but it'd be a joke if he isn't.

At the end of the day, the winner of that match is supposed to be main eventing a PPV opposite Tanahashi in a few weeks. So they have to carry the promotional side of things. They could go with the IWGP title as the main event, but I can't see that being the right move for an American PPV. Do that if you do a combined show emanating from Japan. 

They're in a bit of a corner with this one. Moxley has been wanting the Tanahashi match for a while. Maybe it really doesn't matter who wins the battle royale, if they have decided Moxley's the destination and the rest is just window dressing. 

• Paid Members

9 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

Wardlow really should be winning the battle royale. If he does, I can't seem him beating Moxley. So it's a bad idea to have Wardlow in the battle royale, but it'd be a joke if he isn't

You could have Wardlow absolutely dominate, but get eliminated through nefarious means (ideally by whoever he's about to feud with) if he needs to be taken out of the equation without derailing his momentum. 

In fact, unless he's winning and beating Moxley, which would also be a weird choice at the particular juncture, I think this might be the only way to book Wardlow in the battle royal without fucking up his push.

14 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

Wardlow really should be winning the battle royale. If he does, I can't seem him beating Moxley. So it's a bad idea to have Wardlow in the battle royale, but it'd be a joke if he isn't.

Why? I think it would be hugely premature to put the title on Wardlow any time soon. He seems to have some limitations, including on the mic. He may develop into a more rounded performer, but he’s not there yet, and he’d be at real risk of having his weak points exposed if he’s overpushed.