AEW Rampage Thread 2022

dopper

7 minutes ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

Except for he did. 

I've gone from not giving a toss about Yuta to him being a highlight for me. Amazing work all around.

Screenshot_20220409-094251_Samsung Internet.jpg

At some point the right glove gets ripped and following the table spot he just takes them off. Which is what caused the confusion.

Fantastic episode. I had very little interest in Wheeler Yuta going in to this but it was a fantastic performance and now I look forward to seeing where it goes. Can't ask for more than that!

The Sammy promo was just painful to watch, fans clearly siding with Dan Lambert when he said the couple were a PR disaster waiting to happen. Conti is even more unlikeable than Sammy. I'd like to think they could salvage this with a heel turn but I reckon they might both be too thin skinned to pull it off. 

1 hour ago, NavigatorFan said:

The Sammy promo was just painful to watch, fans clearly siding with Dan Lambert when he said the couple were a PR disaster waiting to happen. Conti is even more unlikeable than Sammy. I'd like to think they could salvage this with a heel turn but I reckon they might both be too thin skinned to pull it off. 

It was an absolute disaster. I think Conti, in particular, would benefit from turning heel, but ultimately, they would both be in a far better place for it. 

2 hours ago, NavigatorFan said:

Fantastic episode. I had very little interest in Wheeler Yuta going in to this but it was a fantastic performance and now I look forward to seeing where it goes. Can't ask for more than that!

Before this storyline, I felt similarly. I thought he was good in ring, but so is Dante Martin, and his limitations were exposed quite quickly. His recent performances have been fantastic, though, and he clearly has more potential than I originally thought. The closing moments of his matches with Danielson and Moxley were just phenomenal, but the Moxley match, especially so. That finish gave me goosebumps. Given how powerful the story was throughout this match, it might be one of my favourite AEW matches ever. It was excellent. 

I'm really interested to see if they expand the stable further. I'm not sure they can repeat what they've done with Yuta, without diluting this moment. Perhaps they could create a star by having someone fail to make the cut for the BCC, and becoming increasingly bitter and violent.

Fair play to AEW/Tony Khan for being able to shift from the compelling Punk/MJF storyline to this, which is every bit as gripping so far. 

• Paid Members

They should probably hold off on expanding the BCC for a little while, as the way they showed Yuta was.good enough was by kicking out of the Death Rider (amongst other things). Noone else should be doing that.There shouldn't really be more than one guy who can take the kind of beating that Yuta did. If there were 5 of them they should have all the belts all the time.

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

The storyline has made for good TV, but I do wish they had done it with someone with a higher ceiling than Yuta. He's getting a huge rub from this, but I still don't see them making a star out of him. 

Fair enough but christ he looked incredible out there. I loved the finish, elevated Death Rider but slightly over rotated so Yuta just had enough to kick out and pop Man in a Mask, but he was fucked whatever happened after, that was his last throw, the Mox choked the poor lad out, if he already wasn't. 

Then Regal stalks him like Mufasa and eventually throws his hand. Brilliant. Yuta is a touch bland, but he's been pissing Steamboat fire recently, he's gonna take the TNT title at some point. Cracking few weeks for the lad. 

1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

If it was later on then Hook would have been a good shout, but he's likely not near ready yet.

BCC are too soft for HOOK.

Danhausen can stay in that bin. At the most he should be limited to silly backstage stuff and showing up in random places like Cassidy used to.

Edit. 

Shit, just realised that is what he's doing. Just keep him away from HOOK. 

As for Sammy and Tay, I thought Tay was progressing well on her own. Sammy is dragging her down to his unlikeable level imo. 

Edited by The King Of Swing

48 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

As for Sammy and Tay, I thought Tay was progressing well on her own. Sammy is dragging her down to his unlikeable level imo. 

I'd say she was progressing well with Anna Jay. It's obvious how rudderless the Women's division most of the time. At the very least their tag team gave them someone to interact with  on their level during the Dark/Elevation squashes and the fans were typically supportive.

They seem to have dropped TayJay because of the Sammy storyline. Where it still could have played a part. Say PVZ pops up to attack Tay during a tag match. The connection between Tay & Sammy getting referenced on commentary but largely keeping the two apart on screen. A bit like how Britt and Cole have had little interaction in the grand scheme of things.