AEW Rampage Thread 2022

dopper

4 hours ago, kidzero said:

is it me or does is jericho sound very false on commentary you can see right through his bullshit

He’s shit. Like a lot of things with Jericho, it’s the law of diminishing returns. He had one decent outing with Schiavone early in the pandemic and has beaten the dead horse ever since.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Infinity Land said:

"Hook looks annoyed that somebody woke him up to send him out here"

"Good chance of that"

I loved that. Rampage is 100% HOOK's show. The charisma!

Fun match between Archer and Dustin to start, but I zoned out a bit in the main event. Swerve's still not quite there for me yet.

25 mins in, Dustin vs archer, Jay lethal promo, fuego promo, and now reddragon looking like absolute shite and dragging handsome 10 Down. This feels like a bad dark elevation. Hook better appear soon 

• Paid Members

Dustin's great. I've always enjoyed his matches. That's the best Archer's looked in a while. 

House Of Black Vs Dark Order? I think I'll pass. 

Why do they tell people to keep watching for picture in picture, but they never seem to throw to commercial break during a match, apartbfrom on the ITV broadcast where they've pre-recorded those things with people saying "You can go and make a brew now while the adverts are on." 

Is Nyla keeping Rosa busy until Serena Deeb and SHIDA can get their issue resolved then we can have Rosa Vs Serena? 

HOOK! Danhausen! What a combination.

I'd imagine a tag match between Team Taz and Keith Lee/Swerve is being announced soon. 

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Why do they tell people to keep watching for picture in picture, but they never seem to throw to commercial break during a match, apartbfrom on the ITV broadcast where they've pre-recorded those things with people saying "You can go and make a brew now while the adverts are on." 

Not sure what your point is. Watching on TNT/TBS you get a window at the bottom of the screen while the commercials are shown and you hear no commentary due to the ads. If you’re watching on fite, it never stops unless they go to commercials after a promo. 

• Paid Members

I've seen the picture in picture sometines when I've been watching through the site I use to watch wrestling. It can be hard to concentrate on the match when that's happening, but sometimes on an episode of Rampage there's an obvious break when a commercial break would be but the commentators rarely, if ever, throw to a commercial like they do on other wrestling shows. Unless it's something they add it in for the TV broadcast. This week it was during the ReDragon Vs Five/Ten match. 

16 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

House Of Black Vs Dark Order? I think I'll pass. 

The House of Black isn't working for me. Black was far better on his own, when he was a cool, ass-kicking type. Brody King, while good in ring, is terrible in these promos, and Buddy Matthews isn't a great fit at all. The Dark Order was good fun, but I think it's time for them to go their separate ways. 

16 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Is Nyla keeping Rosa busy until Serena Deeb and SHIDA can get their issue resolved then we can have Rosa Vs Serena? 

I think Nyla is one of their most underutilised wrestlers. She's a great promo, and would be much better off without Vickie. She's also improved in ring pretty dramatically. Given how quick-witted she is, I'd like to see how she'd do as a killer babyface. I don't like how she's effectively the Kane of the AEW women's division right now.