The many sins of Cody Rhodes

LaGoosh

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

I hope Reigns spears him ten times and beats him in 90 seconds because of that lower case i.

Don't make me look for more shark films on IMDb.

• Paid Members
On 3/27/2023 at 9:57 AM, Supremo said:

Remembered this thread just now and gave the first few pages a re-read.

This same lad’s almost certainly winning WWE’s World Title in the main event of Wrestlemania on Sunday, likely to universal cheers. What a mad industry.

“Almost certainly.” Oh, Supremo. You naive fool.

3 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Not making him a Cena / Hogan level babyface at a time when they really need one would be absolutely crazy.

Did AEW continue with providing quiet areas for neurodiverse fans at their events after he and Brandi left? That was their idea, wasn't it?

There's so much that goes on with being a top babyface in WWE, I think very few are cut out for it.  Look at how much Make A Wish etc Cena did for years, you appreciate why they were reluctant to ever turn him heel.

Cody definitely seems like he's got what it takes to carry that burden.

It's a shame I don't really see how he gets on much in WWE because regardless of his AEW going to weird shit (it was on him too) but I've always got the genuine feeling he's a proper proper diamond of a lad who makes amazing use of being aware how much people really pull for him. Still pontificates a bit much though.

Edited by Chili

2 hours ago, Supremo said:

He had the kid signing autographs! He is him. Everything they always wanted John Cena to be.

This man should be beating Rock and then Roman on successive nights, clean.

Side note to that, the lady who’s tweet you’ve posted, Tiffany, is an absolute gem of a human herself and doesn’t deserve a 10th of a lot of the hate she gets for being not only a Cody superfan but also a friend of the Rhodes family 

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

So "The American Nightmare" is now part of the "American Dream Team". Why the fuck is he called the American Nightmare anyways? Has that ever been explained? His character is basically the biggest red white and blue flag shagger since Hogan so I've never really got it.

And it definitely doesn't help that the "American Nightmare" has "Dream" tattoo'd on his chest!

I'm assuming the only reason he uses the nickname is because it sounds cool. Like with everything with Cody it's all surface level schtick.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

So "The American Nightmare" is now part of the "American Dream Team". Why the fuck is he called the American Nightmare anyways? Has that ever been explained? His character is basically the biggest red white and blue flag shagger since Hogan so I've never really got it.

And it definitely doesn't help that the "American Nightmare" has "Dream" tattoo'd on his chest!

I'm assuming the only reason he uses the nickname is because it sounds cool. Like with everything with Cody it's all surface level schtick.

I genuinely thought that this was the easiest thing to work out, and I'm not having a pop at all Gooshy. 

As Cody often says, everyone else brings up his dad. He wanted to try and do something in wrestling that wasn't based on his dad's success. His dad was "The American Dream" and Cody wanted to oppose that. The opposite of a dream is a nightmare, hence "The American Nightmare"

I may be retconning that but I've always thought this was the case I think. It's a simple story really, a sons desire to get out from beneath his father's shadow, and accomplish something more than his dad ever did. Something that is relatable to a lot of people, not just wrestlers. 

I definitely don't think Cody is all surface, and if he was he would never have connected with the fans the way he has.