The many sins of Cody Rhodes

LaGoosh

I was initially quite ambivalent about Cody coming back then the same about him being 'the guy'.  As late as yesterday I was saying I thought he'd win but they'd need to turn him because he wasn't a babyface. I was completely and utterly wrong. He was incredible last night and both guys elevated the other in that match. I'll be Woah-ing in my head for days. 

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Fanny Pack said:

Last post from me on this subject lads.

It would be rude of me not to mention that when I said Reigns would win and quite a few posters begged to differ, some with valid arguements and some with not so valid arguments, you were all wrong.

See you all next Mania!

Thanks for nearly spoiling it for me, I hadn't watched it until this evening. You might have been right but you're also definitely an enormous weirdo.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

“Did you SEE what he did to my throne and thought I’m gonna let him win?”

Screenshot_20230403-214937~2.png

26 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Thanks for nearly spoiling it for me, I hadn't watched it until this evening. You might have been right but you're also definitely an enormous weirdo.

An enormous weirdo? Christ.

Im not going to lower myself to your level of appalling choices of name calling, mental health awareness and all that.

I hope you enjoyed Mania.

• Paid Members

Is there any point banning the Bloodline from ringside? Solo Sikoa was rejected from ringside, and even though he snuck back under a hoodie, he still just knocked about for the rest of the match and got back in the ring, in his full gear, at the end of it all, without the referee once going, "hang on, I kicked you out". Nothing has any consequence.

On 4/3/2023 at 11:05 PM, Devon Malcolm said:

Yeah, but he's a weirdo who was right. Which is a bit better than being one of the weirdos in this thread who have all been proven wrong. 

Just now, DavidB6937 said:

Are we really arguing about who was right and who was wrong? Who gives a fuck. There are no winners here.

Well, the guy who was saying they wouldn't take the belt off Reigns was roundly mocked for saying it, so it's only right and proper that he have a little chuckle to himself for being proven right, while more supposed knowledgable fans were wrong.

You can't deny people the small victories in life. Let them revel in their sliver of sunshine, man.

• 10 months later...
  • Paid Members

They’ve lost their fucking minds if this man  doesn’t walk out of Mania as Champion, with the whole company built around him.

IMG_7682.thumb.jpeg.afaa4566d185957c1391f1cf264a06c0.jpeg

IMG_7683.thumb.jpeg.28f78994b7bcfd199d2b669c95d32d59.jpeg

Coming about a week after he was hugging that blind fan. Time to change this thread to the many virtues of Cody Rhodes.

• Paid Members

Not making him a Cena / Hogan level babyface at a time when they really need one would be absolutely crazy.

Did AEW continue with providing quiet areas for neurodiverse fans at their events after he and Brandi left? That was their idea, wasn't it?

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

id AEW continue with providing quiet areas for neurodiverse fans at their events after he and Brandi left? That was their idea, wasn't it?

AEW still has a sensory room set up at PPVs, and has sensory bags for people who may need them. It's a partnership with KultureCity but I do think Cody and Brandi were responsible for setting it up.

There was also a period where a few LGBT wrestlers from the Nightmare Factory were getting booked on Dark/Elevation etc, which I assume was Cody putting in a good word, as once he left they stopped appearing.

He's a gem.