The many sins of Cody Rhodes

LaGoosh

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Worked well in 2000 when they decided "Fuck it, people will buy Mania anyway" and popped a massive buyrate for Backlash off HHH vs Rock with added spice of Austin present, which wasn't beaten for a non-big 4 PPV until Invasion. Lucrative, if cynical.

In the Network era however, there would be fuck all to gain from doing it with Cody. Unless they wanted to placate their egos by beating "the AEW guy" at Mania before, you know, making him champion at a later date. Can't see the logic there, and neither can you. It's obvious that....

....... what a minute .....

...... oh, FUCK'S SAKE, this could be one of those idiotic Vince moments where he decides that it's "too obvious" that Cody wins and decides to have Reigns beat him. Vince could easily Luger his own next big thing, ironically, as he did to Reigns repeatedly.

2000 was my first thought - however in the pre-social media era I think that was probably a lot easier to get away with. Also HHH was only three months into his reign at that time despite his mad rise up the card with The Rock. As good as that Backlash stint was, I don't think it would wash today. 

Again it's one of those where Cody absolutely SHOULD be the victor, but you just never quite know what they've got up their sleeve which they think will look brilliant on paper, only for it to turn out to be shit on the night. They could be planning an elaborate heel turn for him for all we know - loses to Roman, comes out the next night on Raw and laments his loss, goes on a giant sulk. They'll probably think it's a bold new artistic direction. 

Hope they fucking don't, obviously. But they're all mad cunts. You just never know. 

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Only a few days left, lads, and then Fanny Pack will have to find something else to make the same post about over and over again.

Just replying to valid opinions that have been made that oppose my opinion.

Totally appreciate Im in the minority with this one. Apologies if you think Im stinking up the thread, us useless things from the 90s need to stick together.

Have a good one mate.

Edited by Fanny Pack

Cody has to beat Roman at 'Mania. It's as simple as that and gives them the go home happy moment. Anything else is just overthinking it. As someone mentioned, they passed over Sami win the belt for this. No way does Cody not go out champion.

Also does the AEW thing matter? Cody was at WWE before and went away, did something pretty great and became a bigger star than ever. There maybe a rivalry between WWE and AEW but doesn't seem much hatred there like WCW/WWF as nobody is trying to put anyone out of business. Also Vince has fucked off

• Paid Members

Look, I can see where the doubts come from. It's not like wrestling doesn't have form for suddenly not putting a belt on a babyface who could not be any hotter in that moment, so I can see why there's some semblance of a doubt.

There's also the fact that he'd be beating Roman Reigns. The same person who's been a world champion since when people weren't allowed in the building and has beaten every single top star in the company during his run, sometimes more than once, sometimes two of them at the same time. How does WWE cope if Reigns goes on an extended leave the other side of Wrestlemania if they take the belt off him? Is sticking around to resolve the Bloodline story enough for him?

So I understand the doubts. What I don't buy is this stuff about 'AEW stink' and Cody's past. He's rendered that utterly irrelevant with every appearance and match he's had since he returned. Whatever the reasons are, the fans absolutely love him and he's returned that in kind. He's rode the potential wave of a Sami Zayn rebellion by getting on his side and he's in the clear.

He looks an absolute star and a class above everyone else but Reigns in the business right now. He has to win at Wrestlemania because otherwise he's going to be done in a couple of months. A rematch win won't cut it, it has to be at Wrestlemania or the moment is gone. Then the hard work begins to make sure he's not another Kofi Kingston and I don't think he will be. It has to be now.

Cody is winning. Roman has to lose at some point and his build up is about as perfect as you're going to get for someone dethroning him and being the face of the company going forward. And that's what they need to think about.

They passed on Drew winning at Clash and Sami winning at EC despite both moments being potentially incredible simply because they weren't THE guys. But Cody is. He's everything they need from a baby face to take down the long reigning champ. Roman can't be champ forever. Everything is where it needs to be.

I actually want Cody Rhodes to win now so it validates what Devon Malcolm is saying seeing how upset he is.

We are grown men with differing opinions about wrestling. 

Ive been very respectful on this thread because in context, what we are discussing is not important in the slightest. 

You have called me out for posting "over and over again" which I have no problem with, I thought it was funny and liked the post- only for you to carry on posting about it.

You cant have it both ways fella!

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Fanny Pack said:

I actually want Cody Rhodes to win now so it validates what Devon Malcolm is saying seeing how upset he is.

We are grown men with differing opinions about wrestling. 

Ive been very respectful on this thread because in context, what we are discussing is not important in the slightest. 

You have called me out for posting "over and over again" which I have no problem with, I thought it was funny and liked the post- only for you to carry on posting about it.

You cant have it both ways fella!

My post had absolutely nothing to do with yours and was a response to others who had posted. There's only one person coming across as upset here.

8 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

My post had absolutely nothing to do with yours and was a response to others who had posted. There's only one person coming across as upset here.

Sorry mate, its just when you quoted my post yesterday asking what "AEW stink even is" (which I ignored because Im not looking for aggro on here) and then you mentioned it again on your post earlier on today. 

It must be somebody else you were referencing who had said "AEW stink".

Edited by Fanny Pack

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Fanny Pack said:

Sorry mate, its just when you quoted my post yesterday asking what "AEW stink even is" (which I ignored because Im not looking for aggro on here) and then you mentioned it again on your post earlier on today. 

It must be somebody else you were referencing who had said "AEW stink".

That's right. It was.

7 hours ago, Tsurutagun said:

Senile Vince would totally go "Roman needs to go to 1,000 days pal" and "let's give those Saudis the big title change" 

At no point had I ever considered Cody wasn't going to win, until that notion...

Luckily I'm not invested in the company to be let down, but of all the scenarios which potentially points to a win for Roman, surely that feel good factor happening in Saudi is as close to a spanner in the works as is likely to be. Especially if Vinnie wants to sell the whole lot to the scummy fuckers