The many sins of Cody Rhodes

LaGoosh

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

No. It was flippant comment about one specific scenario, not all of wrestling. 

Even if it was about all of wrestling, surely micro analysing everything as opposed to just watching it, enjoying at and not overthinking it is the more shallow and boring of those two scenarios? Maybe I've been watching it all wrong these past 30 years plus, I dunno.

Nobody was micro-analysing anything. @LaGoosh asked a simple question, he wasn't asking for a thesis or anything. Nobody's advocating a deep-dive on all aspects of wrestling either. It's a wrestling messageboard, we're here to discuss and analyse wrestling. Or most of us are.

34 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Nobody was micro-analysing anything. @LaGoosh asked a simple question, he wasn't asking for a thesis or anything. Nobody's advocating a deep-dive on all aspects of wrestling either. It's a wrestling messageboard, we're here to discuss and analyse wrestling. Or most of us are.

I agree. Its why the 'so you're saying we can't analyse ANYTHING, then!?' response to my comment seemed so bizarre. Who was saying you couldn't?  It was one comment made on a discussion forum. Be narked at the flippancy of it if you want but trying to make it something more than it was is just odd to me. 

Anyway....

• Paid Members
22 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Sounds like a Tory MP.

Cody's advertising vodka, is married to Brandi - hope he doesn't start a stable with Bailey in it.

I wonder whether they could persuade Nigel McGuinness over. What's Timothy Thatcher doing at the moment? 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Jazzy G said:

What's Timothy Thatcher doing at the moment? 

Dunno, but if the Archer Of Infamy were involved, he’d need a strong bow.

• Paid Members

Guy from bygone era in "doesnt understand what today's fans like about current wrestler" shock.

Bruno used to have plenty of criticisms for Hogan, for Flair, for Steve Austin for Christ's sake. It's no wonder D'Lo doesn't see top tier in a bloke that's won two Rumbles and main evented two Manias when it's unfathomable that his high profile matches with Mideon and Bull Buchanan didn't get him a top spot.

Naturally he's going to go against the grain on the character currently in the biggest story in wrestling currently, just to gain some interest. But we won't accept any anti cody statement this close to mania. He's winning that belt or we'll riot... Well not riot, but we'll stop watching.. Well not completely... Anyway shut up dlo! 

• 5 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

...what was he going for here?

A World Champion shouldn't be doing stuff this dumb and this badly.

I mean, it doesn't look great but its a fairly self explanatory sequence, they both think their opponent is there for the springboard attack and had the same idea. He went for his cutter and Carmelo wasn't there for it.

It was probably a better idea on paper than in execution. But people not taking risks and trying new things is how you get that awful WWE house show style from the mid-2000's that slowly made its way to TV and stunk up all of wrestling and we equally moan about.

Think about all the shitty, unkind takes from 'AEW BOTCH' accounts when good wrestlers do things that don't come across perfectly on TV. 99% of the time that's because the guys had an idea and were trusted to execute.

Is what it is. Keep trying new things I say.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz