The many sins of Cody Rhodes

LaGoosh

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

It’s a shame. If they’d timed that better and Cody caught him with the Cutter it would have been great. You assume they practiced it earlier in the day and managed to get it to work. Doesn’t feel like the type of spot you call on the fly.

I suspect this is just the first of many instances in the upcoming months where other pro-wrestlers learn a hard lesson in real time. They might be good, they might be athletic, they might even be successful, but they’re not Will Ospreay or Bryan Danielson. Just because they make it look easy doesn’t mean it is.

Edited by Supremo

3 minutes ago, Supremo said:

It’s a shame. If they’d timed that better and Cody caught him with the Cutter it would have been great. You assume they practiced it earlier in the day and managed to get it to work. Doesn’t feel like the type of spot you call on the fly.

I suspect this is just the first of many instances in the upcoming months where other pro-wrestlers learn a hard lesson in real time. They might be good, they might be athletic, they might even be successful, but they’re not Will Ospreay or Bryan Danielson. Just because they make it look easy doesn’t mean it is.

Oh shit, I hadn't even considered he was supposed to hit it.

They covered it well.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I suspect this is just the first of many instances in the upcoming months where other pro-wrestlers learn a he’d lesson in real time. They might be good, they might be athletic, they might even be successful, but they’re not Will Ospreay or Bryan Danielson. Just because they make it look easy doesn’t mean it is.

As I watched it, it came across as though it was deliberate and made sense with the story they told in the match. It might not have come off as well as they wanted and it's a shame that the spot then gets shared on socials in isolation, but it really wasn't that bad at all. Cody had already scored near-falls with the Cody Cutter and the Springboard Disaster Kick, while Carmelo had previously almost won with a really nice looking springboard DDT of his own.

Edited by Arch Stanton

2 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Am I the only one that thinks it actually looks quite good then?

Possibly, but given the increasing us vs them divide on this forum, I'm willing to join your team.

What a spot.

I actually prefer them missing it. More guys should be going for Hail Marys and failing - I like my wrestlers larger than life, but to be people not overpowered superheroes. In fact, I'm more annoyed at Hayes, popping up like hurling yourself 15 feet through the air onto the canvas doesn't hurt like hell, whereas Cody actually sold.

1 hour ago, TheBurningRed said:

I don’t know, there are some proper thickos out there.

Cody with his Trump loving burner account on twitter might be one of them, but he's not got the skill to pull that stuff off in the ring.