WyattSheepMask Posted June 29, 2025 Posted June 29, 2025 The thing I always find with the Glastonbury footage is that I imagine once your a certain distance away from the stage you ain’t seeing shit any way, but it’s made even worse by twats and their fucking flags Quote
Paid Members Scratch Posted June 29, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 29, 2025 I saw Pulp headline V96 and gave Jarvis Cocker a dead arm. As we were making our way to the main stage, two people in gorilla suits barged past us and I gave the far thinner one a dead arm that he reacted to. About an hour later, Jarvis and Nick Banks came out on stage in the same gorilla suits. I’ve always adored Pulp and have a lot of time for Jarvis Cocker, and so had a great afternoon yesterday on the sofa when they came on stage. I went to Highlights festival a few weeks back courtesy of Mr Kolsch, and had the pleasure to see Elderbrook live - he was absolutely superb. Also managed to get tickets to see The Prodigy on my birthday next year, and I’m already buzzing for that. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted June 29, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 29, 2025 1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said: The thing I always find with the Glastonbury footage is that I imagine once your a certain distance away from the stage you ain’t seeing shit any way, but it’s made even worse by twats and their fucking flags Having been to Glasto seven times I can confirm this is the case. The flags are helpful though to locate your mates when you're on the way back from the bogs half pissed though. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted June 29, 2025 Posted June 29, 2025 SPRINTS were great as well. I stumbled across them a couple of years ago at 2000Trees when it was pissing it down and I took cover in the nearest tent just as they were about to come on. The place was way more packed than they expected (because of the rain) but they were so good that pretty much everyone stayed even though the rain had stoped. I'm surprised their set wasn't getting mentioned along with the Kneecap and Bob Vylan ones. Quote
Cousin Jim Bob Posted June 29, 2025 Posted June 29, 2025 2 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said: I'd say the thing I enjoy most about Glastonbury is how little I need to engage with new music, if I don't want to. Neil Young, Libertines and Nile Rogers the real highlights for me. And Rod Stewart has a few singalong tunes. I can totally see that. Pulp, Alanis Morrisette, En Vouge and Busta Rhymes were all cracking nostalgia for me and all off them slayed. On the other hand Farages mate sounded shite tbh from the two minutes I gave him I do like the BBC footage for discovering new artists too though. I loved Loyle Carner, Ezra Collective and Raye this year and added a bunch of their stuff to playlists. Parcels were a great surprise this evening too. Perfect sunset music. Quote
deathrey Posted June 29, 2025 Posted June 29, 2025 God, I love The Prodigy. Maxim is nearly fucking 60 can you believe it!? The man is in better shape than me and I'm nearly 20 years his junior! Quote
lars85 Posted June 29, 2025 Posted June 29, 2025 I got a bit teary when they played Firestarter with the laser outlined Keith. Maxim has definitely got more stamina than me, I've had to have a sit down. And I think I've converted my girlfriend into a Prodigy fan. Should probably try to get us tickets now. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted June 29, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 29, 2025 Olivia Rodrigo was absolutely brilliant, enhanced by only bringing out Robert fucking Smith for a couple of songs. I think, overall, Self Esteem just edged the whole weekend for me. She must have been boiling in her Sheffield Wednesday tracky top though. Raye and Wet Leg were superb, too. Quote
Sheffbag Posted June 29, 2025 Posted June 29, 2025 1 hour ago, deathrey said: God, I love The Prodigy. Maxim is nearly fucking 60 can you believe it!? The man is in better shape than me and I'm nearly 20 years his junior! Can’t wait to go see them next year Quote
textonly Posted June 29, 2025 Posted June 29, 2025 Saturday I started with Neil Young, turned to Charli XCX and then ended up watching the whole of Doechii's set. She's rad. Shame she got lost in the shuffle. Last I looked, BBC haven't even uploaded anything from it to iPlayer. Quote
Cousin Jim Bob Posted June 29, 2025 Posted June 29, 2025 (edited) 24 minutes ago, textonly said: Saturday I started with Neil Young, turned to Charli XCX and then ended up watching the whole of Doechii's set. She's rad. Shame she got lost in the shuffle. Last I looked, BBC haven't even uploaded anything from it to iPlayer. Sometimes artists request their set to not be uploaded for 24 hours. I'm hoping it is something like that and not "never" because she always puts a cool show on and I would like to see it. Edited June 29, 2025 by Cousin Jim Bob Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted June 30, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 30, 2025 Went to see Weezer and Deftones at Crystal Palace Park yesterday. A few other bands too, we missed the first, but HEALTH were excellent, High Vis not my cup of tea, but they seemed to enjoy themselves. It was great to finally see Weezer after being a fan for many years. They did a very crowd pleasing set and a good time was had by all. Deftones were immense. Great set, sounded fantastic and had the crowd in the palm of their hands. Quote
The Gaffer Posted June 30, 2025 Posted June 30, 2025 12 hours ago, deathrey said: God, I love The Prodigy. Maxim is nearly fucking 60 can you believe it!? The man is in better shape than me and I'm nearly 20 years his junior! Not denying Keith's importance to the act but I felt like the "There's no point in them continuing to perform live now" takes after he died were a massive disrespect not only to Liam but Maxim, who - really - has always done the lion's share of bouncing around and crowd control on stage. Never seen Self Esteem before but really enjoyed the almost not-arsed, nonchalant style of it. Pulp didn't do it for me. Always been a big fan but the new stuff's poor and the Common People 1995 redux felt a bit pained, with the presenters desperate to put over what an all time WrestleMania moment it was minutes after it happened. Up Kneecap. Up Bob Vylan. Quote
Paid Members mim731 Posted June 30, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 30, 2025 3 hours ago, gmoney said: Went to see Weezer and Deftones at Crystal Palace Park yesterday. A few other bands too, we missed the first, but HEALTH were excellent, High Vis not my cup of tea, but they seemed to enjoy themselves. It was great to finally see Weezer after being a fan for many years. They did a very crowd pleasing set and a good time was had by all. Deftones were immense. Great set, sounded fantastic and had the crowd in the palm of their hands. I also went along to this, and we arrived in time for Weezer because I couldn't handle the heat or the inevitable sky high beer prices. I though both Weezer and Deftones were excellent. A really strong gig, and a nice enough venue too! Quote
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted June 30, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 30, 2025 18 hours ago, Scratch said: I saw Pulp headline V96 and gave Jarvis Cocker a dead arm. As we were making our way to the main stage, two people in gorilla suits barged past us and I gave the far thinner one a dead arm that he reacted to. About an hour later, Jarvis and Nick Banks came out on stage in the same gorilla suits. I’ve always adored Pulp and have a lot of time for Jarvis Cocker, and so had a great afternoon yesterday on the sofa when they came on stage. I went to Highlights festival a few weeks back courtesy of Mr Kolsch, and had the pleasure to see Elderbrook live - he was absolutely superb. Also managed to get tickets to see The Prodigy on my birthday next year, and I’m already buzzing for that. "I once punched a man in a gorilla outfit, that was later revealed to be Jarvis Cocker" Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.