Paid Members gmoney Posted June 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 4, 2025 Going to see Billy Ocean next week in Brighton. Chomping at the bit. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted June 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 4, 2025 27 minutes ago, Egg Shen said: I do miss bootleg merch, from memory I think I only ever bought one shirt (an Ash shirt outside Hereford Leisure Center...the print came off after one wash), and a few posters, but I always loved seeing it on sale after a show. The odd time I see it now it always gives me a little nostalgic buzz. Fond memories of me buying a Slipknot hoody from Bilston market that read 'My Plaque' on the back instead of 'My Plague'. Ah yes, that classic Slipknot song about going to the dentist. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 4, 2025 Members Posted June 4, 2025 21 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said: Fond memories of me buying a Slipknot hoody from Bilston market that read 'My Plaque' on the back instead of 'My Plague'. Ah yes, that classic Slipknot song about going to the dentist. Maybe Wait and Bleed was about gingivitis? Quote
TibBo Posted June 4, 2025 Posted June 4, 2025 They had bootleg shirts at the last gig I went to at Wolves Civic. The shirts were £20! Always wondered what they did with any left-over stuff at the end of the night? Do you think they got shipped-on to the next show in the tour, and then everything got sold-off cheap after the last show? Living in the Midlands, we were never the last gig of the tour, so I never saw them drop their prices, regardless of how few people were left hanging-around. Quote
Bruce85 Posted June 4, 2025 Posted June 4, 2025 2 hours ago, TibBo said: They had bootleg shirts at the last gig I went to at Wolves Civic. The shirts were £20! Always wondered what they did with any left-over stuff at the end of the night? Do you think they got shipped-on to the next show in the tour, and then everything got sold-off cheap after the last show? Living in the Midlands, we were never the last gig of the tour, so I never saw them drop their prices, regardless of how few people were left hanging-around. That’s a very good point, what do they do with it?! Next time I see someone selling it I’ll ask them. I remember years ago my mate brought a bootleg fear factory hoody outside a gig and it was missing the “F” from fear on the front of the hoody. We still to this day refer to them as ear factory. Quote
Bruce85 Posted June 11, 2025 Posted June 11, 2025 Has anyone been to the Tauron Arena in Krakow for a gig? I’m thinking of going for long weekend to see Electric Callboy. The London show is sold out, plus I hate Ally Pally. I think I can get from Bristol to Krakow quicker than I can get to Ally Pally! Quote
TV Time Remaining Posted June 12, 2025 Posted June 12, 2025 On 6/4/2025 at 6:38 PM, gmoney said: Going to see Billy Ocean next week in Brighton. Chomping at the bit. Saw him headline a "Lets Rock" festival a few years back, he was incredible. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted June 14, 2025 Posted June 14, 2025 Random question just because I haven't been to a gig or festival in ages.. saw stuff pop up online that McFly and Vengaboys performed at Download? Is that a thing now or AI madness? Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 14, 2025 Members Posted June 14, 2025 8 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: Random question just because I haven't been to a gig or festival in ages.. saw stuff pop up online that McFly and Vengaboys performed at Download? Is that a thing now or AI madness? Yeah they were billed, same as Busted not long ago. It's the sort of "lol look how random and ironic we can get at a metal fest lol" booking that has done a full 180 brother as McFly are, and always have been, wicked. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted June 14, 2025 Posted June 14, 2025 Just now, SuperBacon said: Yeah they were billed, same as Busted not long ago. It's the sort of "lol look how random and ironic we can get at a metal fest lol" booking that has done a full 180 brother as McFly are, and always have been, wicked. McFly have always been incredibly talented and not complete wankers so good for them. And I'd happily get on the Vengabus any day. Just read like some mental AI paragraph that had been pulled together without someone checking it made any sense. Must have been quite a varied weekend! Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 14, 2025 Members Posted June 14, 2025 Yeah, and if I wasn't so cynical, I'd say it makes perfect sense with McFly and Busted as 20 odd years ago (christ) they were very probably gateway bands for lots of people who may now attend Download. Star Girl >>> any Sleep Token song I reckon Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted June 14, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 14, 2025 On 6/4/2025 at 7:23 PM, SuperBacon said: Maybe Wait and Bleed was about gingivitis? Gives Spit It Out a different context as well. Quote
Paid Members Monkee Posted June 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 15, 2025 (edited) The Vengaboys were great but McFly were absolutely brilliant. The tent was packed - even more so than Busted apparently. They really played to the crowd and did Master of Puppets and Killing in the Name. They even started a circle pit before everyone realised it was for All About You. I am, of course, pretty biased on this as I’m a huge McFly fan and I’m devastated I missed out on their limited edition Download T-shirt before they sold out. Edited June 15, 2025 by Monkee Quote
Merzbow Posted June 15, 2025 Posted June 15, 2025 Whatever happened to Fightstar? I saw them in the Jailhouse way way back when Charlie had only just left Busted so it was all pop fans and the odd metalhead looking up laugh. Quote
Paid Members Monkee Posted June 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 15, 2025 6 minutes ago, Merzbow said: Whatever happened to Fightstar? I saw them in the Jailhouse way way back when Charlie had only just left Busted so it was all pop fans and the odd metalhead looking up laugh. Not sure about Fightstar but Charlie is now President (apparently). They’re playing later today and have had the most impressive launch campaign I’ve seen in ages. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.