Panhead Posted June 25, 2025 Posted June 25, 2025 Deftones in Halifax last night. I'm not a huge fan of them but they were great. It absolutely pissed it down for their entire set though. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 27, 2025 Members Posted June 27, 2025 CBA to start a thread but Alanis Morissette at Glastonbury was absolutely unbelievable. One of the best to ever do it. Denzel Curry currently being great as well to the whitest crowd I've ever seen. Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted June 27, 2025 Posted June 27, 2025 Apparently 'Patchwork' is going to be revealed as Pulp. Jarvis Cocker has done a surprise DJ set this afternoon out in the scrubs somewhere at Glastonbury to about 50 people as it was kept such a secret. Also heavily rumoured that Rod Stewart is likely to have some guests with him that are expected to be Ronnie Wood and Robbie Williams. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 27, 2025 Members Posted June 27, 2025 Busta Rhymes with an absolute festival masterclass there. Energy between performer and crowd is the key, and he nailed it with a load of classics (most of which weren't his) and loads of call and response with the crowd. Just a great glorious mess. Imagine seeing Biffy Clyro over that. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted June 28, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 28, 2025 13 hours ago, SuperBacon said: CBA to start a thread but Alanis Morissette at Glastonbury was absolutely unbelievable. One of the best to ever do it. She still sounds great! Quote
wordsfromlee Posted June 28, 2025 Posted June 28, 2025 I found her set to be a bit hit and miss. When she was on point she smashed it, but she kept going out of time a lot and you could hear the band trying to fight to get into time with her singing. I also found that intro video that was just 5 minutes of clips of celebrities gushing over how amazing she is a bit strange and self indulgent. But she still sounded great and her energy is still as captivating as it was in the mid 90s. Quote
King Coconut Posted June 28, 2025 Posted June 28, 2025 The intro was a bit USA but the set was bang on. I didn't hear anything going out of time. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted June 28, 2025 Posted June 28, 2025 It was mainly just during choruses of 'Right Through You', she was constantly weaving in and out of time and the band were having to slow down to keep in line with her, but I'm really nitpicking as the rest was pretty great. Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted June 28, 2025 Posted June 28, 2025 21 hours ago, Tim Healys Chutney Spoon said: Apparently 'Patchwork' is going to be revealed as Pulp. Jarvis Cocker has done a surprise DJ set this afternoon out in the scrubs somewhere at Glastonbury to about 50 people as it was kept such a secret. Also heavily rumoured that Rod Stewart is likely to have some guests with him that are expected to be Ronnie Wood and Robbie Williams. It was Pulp. @Panhead apparently Deftones cancelled Glastonbury due to band illness Quote
Panhead Posted June 28, 2025 Posted June 28, 2025 2 hours ago, Tim Healys Chutney Spoon said: It was Pulp. @Panhead apparently Deftones cancelled Glastonbury due to band illness The people that have tickets for their London show tomorrow must be getting nervous. Hope the band are ok. I saw Soot Sprite in Manchester last night. They're a great band. I'm seeing them again in August. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted June 29, 2025 Posted June 29, 2025 (edited) Neil Young was absolutely superb. For a while at the start I got caught up in worrying whether it was the right 'vibe' for this years Glastonbury, as the crowd was clearly quite muted - and thin, apparently, as they'd all gone to Charli XCX. But, as he got heavier, I realised I didn't really give a toss and just enjoyed it. Brilliant set. The stripped back, authentic garage rock sound with everyone stood close together was such an artistically brave choice for a big gig on a big stage ike Glasto. They somehow made it feel intimate, and the extended sludgy jams punctuated with loose solo work was thrilling Top marks. I woke up this morning thinking 'I need to go see him live myself'. I checked Ticketmaster, clocked the prices and thought 'you know what, the BBC will do.' Edited June 29, 2025 by d-d-d-dAz Quote
King Coconut Posted June 29, 2025 Posted June 29, 2025 I've always liked Pulp but never seen them perform. What a revelation Jarvis is as front man! Eating out the palm of his hand they were. Quote
deathrey Posted June 29, 2025 Posted June 29, 2025 I know I'm not the target audience but Charli XCX was awful, and miming. I can look the other way with miming if there is an amazing dance performance or they are on a TV show but surely you should have to sing live to go on a music festival?! Quote
Paid Members Nexus Posted June 29, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 29, 2025 Kneecap's set was enjoyable. I'm also quite impressed at how much the BBC didn't appear to edit it - my wife is convinced they sang Fenian Cunts and it was completely cut, and there was a random muting during Get Your Brits out, but otherwise they kept the Fuck Keir Starmer and Free Palestine chants in. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 29, 2025 Members Posted June 29, 2025 I'm 100% behind the Kneecap lads obviously, but their music is dreadful unfortunately. I laugh every time I hear them, and I'm not supposed to. Each to their own though. Joy Crookes was wonderful today. Had never heard of her before, but she was brilliant. Absolutely gorgeous as well. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.