Merzbow Posted June 17, 2025 Posted June 17, 2025 1 hour ago, Egg Shen said: Saw Deafheaven last night, just incredible. Special, special band. Yeah they're always so class. I heard George guested on the Knocked Loose Outbreak set too, gutted I missed that but to be fair I was slam dancing during my own noise set around the same time.. Quote
cobra_gordo Posted June 17, 2025 Posted June 17, 2025 On 6/16/2025 at 5:03 PM, poetofthedeed said: Hanson They were my first girlfriends favourite band so I saw them live half a dozen times all over the country, both acoustic and electric and they're a fantastic live band. Great musicians but the harmonies are something else. Quote
Paid Members Gus Mears Posted June 18, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 18, 2025 (edited) Well excited to see the lads this evening. Woke up this morning like: Edited June 18, 2025 by Gus Mears Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted June 18, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 18, 2025 Billy Ocean last week was incredible. I didn't go to any of the Bruce Springsteen tour this year, but I know this show was better than any night of that, and more cultural important. Quote
Paid Members Your Fight Site Posted June 18, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 18, 2025 In London for work, and just nabbed myself a last minute ticket to Nine Inch Nails at The O2 this evening. Quote
Rockbus2 Posted June 18, 2025 Posted June 18, 2025 There's a few Hull types in here so I really recommend you get yourselves to see Wench if you get the chance. Average age of 17, power punk trio with a singing drummer. Seen them live a couple of times now and they're seriously fucking talented. Last Friday with Jodie Langford at Polar Bear they were out of this world. Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted June 18, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 18, 2025 Anyone heading 2000 Trees this year? Trying to muster my health up to go and would love to see a few Internet strangers/friends and say hello and put some names to faces. Quote
Paid Members Gus Mears Posted June 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 19, 2025 Well, that was amazing. It's genuinely ridiculous that Russell can still sing like that. Speaks to the back catalogue that Sparks have that I left the venue completely satisfied with the set list and then realised I'd heard pretty much none of the songs I wanted to going in. Quote
Panhead Posted June 19, 2025 Posted June 19, 2025 Bright Eyes last night at Project House in Leeds. It all felt like it could fall apart at any minute but that added to it. I wish I was going to the Manchester show as well. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted June 20, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 20, 2025 On 6/18/2025 at 9:36 PM, I Bent My Wookie said: Anyone heading 2000 Trees this year? Trying to muster my health up to go and would love to see a few Internet strangers/friends and say hello and put some names to faces. Got a few mates going but i'm gonna skip it. The lineup isn't the strongest for me this year. They seem to have given up on having the older 00's British bands sprinkled across the bill, guess they weren't pulling much in. Quote
Harry Wiseau Posted June 22, 2025 Posted June 22, 2025 On 6/19/2025 at 11:12 AM, Gus Mears said: Well, that was amazing. It's genuinely ridiculous that Russell can still sing like that. Speaks to the back catalogue that Sparks have that I left the venue completely satisfied with the set list and then realised I'd heard pretty much none of the songs I wanted to going in. They were brilliant in Manchester last night, like you say the setlist on paper was missing loads of absolute bangers but it was it percent, I couldn't stop smiling the whole time, I'm seeing them again in Wolverhampton on July and can't wait. They need to be protected at all costs, they're just the best Quote
Paid Members Gus Mears Posted June 22, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 22, 2025 Yeah, it was good to the extent I'm now considering whether it's worth going to Wolverhampton to see them again. I've basically been listening to the entire No.1 in Heaven album on repeat for the last three days. Quote
Harry Wiseau Posted June 22, 2025 Posted June 22, 2025 For some reason Beat The Clock has always been my least favourite Sparks song,I don't dislike it but it's never one I'd choose to put on, even occasionally skipping it on the album, but the performance of it last night finally made it click for me, it was so powerful and kids worked in a way it's never done for me, now I can't get it out of my head, everything about it is great. We were stood bang centre so got the perfect view guy the light show as well, I've never taken much notice of the lights as Sparks gigs in the past but this tour it's really bloody good. Damn it was brilliant, I'm taking my eldest to Wolverhampton, his first Sparks gig, he's going to love it! Quote
cobra_gordo Posted June 23, 2025 Posted June 23, 2025 Johnny Marr at The Foundry in Sheffield was fantastic on Friday night. Sold out warm up show before a festival run with a cracking atmosphere. No support either, just an hour and forty five minutes with half a dozen The Smiths songs scattered through the set being the highlights obviously but Getting Away With It, Generate!Generate! and Easy Money were all brilliant. How Soon Is Now was probably the high point of the whole night, it sounded massive. Quote
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted June 23, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 23, 2025 2 hours ago, cobra_gordo said: Johnny Marr at The Foundry in Sheffield was fantastic on Friday night. Sold out warm up show before a festival run with a cracking atmosphere. No support either, just an hour and forty five minutes with half a dozen The Smiths songs scattered through the set being the highlights obviously but Getting Away With It, Generate!Generate! and Easy Money were all brilliant. How Soon Is Now was probably the high point of the whole night, it sounded massive. Kinda wishing I'd gone to this now, but we had gigs planned for Thursday night and Saturday night, so asking the grandparents to babysit three nights in a row would have felt like taking the piss a bit. Glad it was a good gig though! How Soon Is Now is one of my favourite songs of all time, I love hearing it live. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.