deathrey Posted June 29, 2025 Posted June 29, 2025 Joy Crookes is wonderful! Such a brilliant voice Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 29, 2025 Members Posted June 29, 2025 That Turnstile set was something else. Felt like a real moment where everyone was celebrating their current album etc, and I reckon they go absolutely massive from this point. Genuinely felt special. Best band in the world and I'm jealous of everyone who got to witness that. Quote
Paid Members Dead Mike Posted June 29, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 29, 2025 Yeah, they crushed it and the crowd got visibly larger as the set went on. Amazing to see them smashing big stages after seeingt them in sweaty hardcore gigs/tents for years. Cancer Bats for Pyramid Stage next year. Quote
Chili Posted June 29, 2025 Posted June 29, 2025 I don't keep up with any current music because my brain refuses to engage with it, can't understand why I just can't, I don't know where to start, so Glastonbury is a bit irritating as it seems like everyone has a clue and I'm some undiagnosed weirdo. Try to avoid it but literally everyone seems to be watching it. But... It's very nice seeing everyone seem to enjoy stuff etc. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 29, 2025 Members Posted June 29, 2025 10 minutes ago, Dead Mike said: Yeah, they crushed it and the crowd got visibly larger as the set went on. Amazing to see them smashing big stages after seeingt them in sweaty hardcore gigs/tents for years. Cancer Bats for Pyramid Stage next year. Like I say, felt like a really special moment and they deserve absolutely everything. An incredible band and a wonderful energy between them and their crowds which is always warming. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted June 29, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 29, 2025 RAYE's performance was amazing as always. Her band is fantastic and her voice is something else. Quote
Merzbow Posted June 29, 2025 Posted June 29, 2025 (edited) I don't blame Charli XCX for miming, when she started actually singing an entire song for Vroom Vroom you could tell her voice was a bit fucked. She's been on it non-stop since Brat came out last summer. She's enough of a superstar with crazy stage presence just being herself that it didn't matter for the crowd. If you want a truly amazing voice go check out Ichiko Aoba's set, I saw her in a basement a few years back and easily the most beautiful singing I've ever heard live. Edited June 29, 2025 by Merzbow Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted June 29, 2025 Posted June 29, 2025 Everyone so concerned about what Kneecap might say/ do they completely forgot about Bob Vylan Quote
Paid Members JLM Posted June 29, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 29, 2025 I am also appalled that people are using such inflammatory language to protest the ongoing mass slaughter of a captive civilian population. Well done Glastonbury organisers for calling it out. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 29, 2025 Members Posted June 29, 2025 Some absolutely disgusting things happened on stage at Glastonbury this weekend. For one, that North London Forever prick played! Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted June 29, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 29, 2025 12 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said: Everyone so concerned about what Kneecap might say/ do they completely forgot about Bob Vylan It's a shame that set will never be seen again. When he got the crowd to chant "Death, Death to the IDF" I'm sure you could hear Tim Davie choking on his Pimms. As long as we all remember the real problems are Kneecap and Bob Vylan and not the Israeli's commiting genocide as the British and American governments hold their coats I'm sure everything will be fine. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted June 29, 2025 Posted June 29, 2025 56 minutes ago, Chili said: I don't keep up with any current music because my brain refuses to engage with it, can't understand why I just can't, I don't know where to start, so Glastonbury is a bit irritating as it seems like everyone has a clue and I'm some undiagnosed weirdo. Try to avoid it but literally everyone seems to be watching it. But... It's very nice seeing everyone seem to enjoy stuff etc. I'd say the thing I enjoy most about Glastonbury is how little I need to engage with new music, if I don't want to. Neil Young, Libertines and Nile Rogers the real highlights for me. And Rod Stewart has a few singalong tunes. Quote
Merzbow Posted June 29, 2025 Posted June 29, 2025 Just now, d-d-d-dAz said: And Rod Stewart has a few singalong tunes. Yeah, didn't he sing "Send The Buggers Back" this year? Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 29, 2025 Members Posted June 29, 2025 8 minutes ago, Merzbow said: Yeah, didn't he sing "Send The Buggers Back" this year? He was there as well! Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted June 29, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 29, 2025 1 minute ago, SuperBacon said: He was there as well! His lad was, and he was drunk as a lord when he was doing his set. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.