lanky316 Posted June 30, 2025 Posted June 30, 2025 3 hours ago, gmoney said: Went to see Weezer and Deftones at Crystal Palace Park yesterday. A few other bands too, we missed the first, but HEALTH were excellent, High Vis not my cup of tea, but they seemed to enjoy themselves. It was great to finally see Weezer after being a fan for many years. They did a very crowd pleasing set and a good time was had by all. Deftones were immense. Great set, sounded fantastic and had the crowd in the palm of their hands. Did Weezer wheel out the Teenage Dirtbag cover? Probably a minor annoyance but for years the ex Mrs Lanky used to get Weezer and Wheatus mixed up the two and I'd spent forever trying to tell her they were different bands and rattling off Weezer songs and that they did not do Teenage Dirtbag... Go to Sonisphere (RIP) and Weezer on the bill, they come out and half way through their set they play Teenage Dirtbag... To this day I'm sure she still believes she was right all along. Wankers. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted June 30, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 30, 2025 Haha, they did not so I reckon it must've just been to wind you up. Quote
Merzbow Posted June 30, 2025 Posted June 30, 2025 @SuperBacon Thought you'd like this. Might go to the London show, will be good to see High Vis too. Quote
CTXRussomark Posted June 30, 2025 Posted June 30, 2025 2 hours ago, mim731 said: I also went along to this, and we arrived in time for Weezer because I couldn't handle the heat or the inevitable sky high beer prices. I though both Weezer and Deftones were excellent. A really strong gig, and a nice enough venue too! I saw Weezer at Download a couple of weeks ago and they were just lovely to watch. I can't think of any other band I'd describe in that way but they were just so enjoyable with no pretensions or ego about them. They were the perfect band to chill out to at the end of a blistering afternoon. They played a similar (but slightly longer) set to Glastonbury and it felt like it went by in about half an hour. Quote
Paid Members JLM Posted June 30, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 30, 2025 (edited) Yep their Download set was lovely. My second favourite time seeing them, beaten only by a Brixton show where my friend got embarrassingly drunk and was kicked out, so some randoms adopted me and we al belted out Say it ain’t so together during the encore and I nearly cried. Download had a nice long and self indulgent rendition of Only in Dreams that made me very happy. Also that triple header of them, Jimmy Eat World and Green Day made for a particularly lovely crowd. My only note is that one day I want to hear Tired of Sex live. Seen them multiple times and they’ve gradually incorporated more Pinkerton into their touring sets but I never get it. Edited June 30, 2025 by JLM Quote
wordsfromlee Posted June 30, 2025 Posted June 30, 2025 One of my mates saw them in America on the Memories tour in 2011 when they were doing two nights in each city - one night Blue album, the other one Pinkerton. I'm so gutted they never brought that tour over here. They've done load of Blue and Pinkerton album shows over the years, but never in the UK. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted June 30, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted June 30, 2025 I've been booked for my first ever solo gig as a musician/singer. I'm usually in a duo at the very least, so this has me a little bit nervous. I've sung solo plenty of times at informal affairs, like community folk clubs, song circles, and singarounds, but this is a different kettle of hotdogs altogether. The booker asked me to provide some blurb, and that has been the biggest challenge so far; I'm fairly sure it's my innate Britishness, but I had so much difficulty in coming up with something that sounded self-promoting that didn't make me want to pull my own skin off with cringe. In the end, got some friends to say what they thought of my music, and they very kindly obliged. Quote
Paid Members Monkee Posted June 30, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 30, 2025 I was disappointed to miss Weezer at Download but I was watching McFly. I loved Jimmy Eat World but I thought I was going to die in the heat watching them. There was no breeze and the air was stifling. I was just wishing they’d play The Middle so I could find some shade. Quote
Rockbus2 Posted June 30, 2025 Posted June 30, 2025 6 hours ago, lanky316 said: Did Weezer wheel out the Teenage Dirtbag cover? Probably a minor annoyance but for years the ex Mrs Lanky used to get Weezer and Wheatus mixed up the two and I'd spent forever trying to tell her they were different bands and rattling off Weezer songs and that they did not do Teenage Dirtbag... Go to Sonisphere (RIP) and Weezer on the bill, they come out and half way through their set they play Teenage Dirtbag... To this day I'm sure she still believes she was right all along. Wankers. I saw Wheatus in about 2012 and they played My Name Is Jonas, dedicating it to all the people who were expecting Weezer. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 30, 2025 Members Posted June 30, 2025 7 hours ago, Merzbow said: @SuperBacon Thought you'd like this. Might go to the London show, will be good to see High Vis too. Me and my best mate of 30 years (who I see maybe once a year, but sometimes it can stretch beyond that as life happens) recent conversations around music have pretty much all been around the new album, how great it would be to see them live and that it would be lovely as means we can get to see each other as well. Well I suppose its time to stretch out my back, get some cortisone injections in both knees and go out for one last hurrah to show these young punks who's boss (Buscemi gif) My eldest asked if she could come. My child, you will have to sit this one out I'm afraid. We absolutely can't wait. Quote
Panhead Posted July 1, 2025 Posted July 1, 2025 I saw Weezer last night in Halifax. It was ridiculously warm, but it was a great gig. The setlist was full of fan favourites. I pretty much lost my voice after singing along for 90 minutes. Quote
Paid Members Gus Mears Posted July 1, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 1, 2025 Free ticket for Simple Minds in Southampton last Sunday. Glorious weather outside for it. They played all the hits and did so well. Highlights were being 15 years younger than anybody else there and the lead singer sounding like Alan Brazil when he spoke between songs. Quote
Cannibal Man Posted July 1, 2025 Posted July 1, 2025 I saw Weezer in 2005 and they opened with Tired Of Sex & I honestly thought I was going to perish when it kicked off, a proper pants shitter Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted July 2, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 2, 2025 (edited) . Edited July 3, 2025 by I Bent My Wookie Quote
Panhead Posted July 3, 2025 Posted July 3, 2025 On 6/30/2025 at 2:19 PM, Merzbow said: @SuperBacon Thought you'd like this. Might go to the London show, will be good to see High Vis too. Got a ticket for Manchester. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.